What's new

Official **LIVE** Questions Transcript --- WB Chat (March 29, 2005) (1 Viewer)

John Simon

Second Unit

Carlos, the full answers will be included in the official transcript that Digital Bits should have in a few days.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Thanks, Greg_S_H, for the mIRC link. I see someone was able to ask about "The Hogan Family". What was the answer?

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

And the response was:

"All of the issues you bring up are currently on our radar.We are exploring all the possible opportunities. That's all we can say at the moment. Keep your fingers crossed and watch the skies!!!"

John Simon

Second Unit
That was by far the best response they've ever given regarding Superman II. Maybe there's enough motivation because of the upcoming film to finally do worthy DVDs of the Superman films.

Agee Bassett

Supporting Actor
Very relieved to hear from Warner that the missing line from Bringing Up Baby is an elements, rather than a censorship issue.

However, if damage to the original negative precludes the inclusion of this line, I don't see why it shouldn't have behooved Warner to simply splice into the missing portion a few seconds from one of the many existing print elements of this film that still contain the line in adequate condition. I know I speak for many here when I say that I would rather have a complete film, notwithstanding a bumpy or even jarring transition between elements.

I don't really see where this option would not be an economically viable one for Warner, for BUB, the most treasured of all classic screwball comedies, was a guaranteed big-seller. Perhaps I am not understanding the costs involved in splicing in a few seconds from a different element...

Shawn Cornwell

Stunt Coordinator
I'm happy a couple of the classics I asked about are on the way for 2006.
I'm wondering who does have the rights to 1952's "Where's Charley?" It's listed in my Motion Picture Guide as a WB (British) release. I've never seen it shown anywhere.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's probably too late, but if anyone is reading this and has yet to ask a question, might you piggyback something about whether the Cagney/Bogart Oklahoma Kid is in our future? I plum forgot to ask that in my question(s).

Then again, maybe not a great idea anyway. It would suck if they focused on my question and ignored yours. Besides, who waiting a turn is reading me here? :)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I'm glad about Jean Harlow but all my questions did not get answered. I typed too fast and posted a question that came up on screen that read Any more films with Jean Harlow? a boxset? Bombshell? then a two more questions I will not repeat but I can't ask now but when I clicked it came on screen then long pause and I saw my name with a question mark so I typed again and a little flustered and afraid I may miss the opportunity and just asked one question then clicked enter, then put another question up after like I thought I had seem other do, to finish the thought but no go. Sorry for the trouble and pause, this has happened to me before in some chatroom.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I sneaked in a trio of questions against the rules (in one question; I didn't get three turns!), so I guess I should be satisfied. Besides, there are many who won't even get a turn.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Yes in one question mention more than one thing, that wa my intent, was that against rules? Almost everybody did it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
BTW, it's a little late now, but I discovered a helpful setting in mIRC. Go to Tools, Options, and the main IRC heading on that menu, and click on the Events button. You can hide all the Joins and Quits. It sure makes it more pleasant to follow the chat.

felipenor

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe The wizard of Oz will really be in a se. I was hoping so much that it'd happen.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I think it was more a guideline. Ron posted rules early saying, "ONE turn and ONE question." Nobody follows it, but he tries to cut down on people asking for dozens of titles at a time. He won't ban you for it, but it's to try to make it easier on WB and to give more people a chance.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'm very happy that Warner's did this chat, and overall they're a great studio, but I must say that I'm very disappointed regarding their older comedy dvds that are pan & scan only. Three different such titles were asked about, and there are no plans to revisit these in their OARs. :frowning: :frowning: I really don't understand why Warner's doesn't see that OARs of these comedies would sell like gangbusters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks