What's new

*** Official LET ME IN Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Let Me In". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an
[COLOR= #44708c]Official Discussion Thread[/COLOR].

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One of the best horror movies I have seen in the last 20 years or so. I'll be back later with some more comments, but I thought the writing, directing and acting was the best I've seen in this genre in a very long time. I'm aware of the original Swedish film and it's excellence is on par with this American version.

Crawdaddy

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Well I'm glad someone started this thread!

After a string of disappointments in the theater awhile back, I decided to stay away for awhile. What got me off of my butt to go to the theater again? Hammer Films' first theatrical production in many years was a really exciting prospect and it happened to be a new adaption of a book that was made into an acclaimed foreign film that was released a couple of years ago.

First of all, the actors in this film are top notch. Really. Some of the best "kid" actors I've ever seen. Ever. The music is very well done. The cinematography is great. Of course, the story is very good. The directing is impressive. This has got to win some kind of Oscar(s).

They picked up the brutality, scares & pacing a bit in this film, compared to the Swedish adaption, yet it runs the same length of time. The director also added some insight to some scenarios, along with some other nice touches. Some scenes are new, some are re-envisioned (rather nicely, I might add), some scenes from the Swedish aren't here, as can and should be expected with any new adapation of a novel. I found this version to be a bit more involving, and a bit more emotional.

I recommend this to everyone. Good job Hammer!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The original Swedish version is much more interesting, atmospheric, and haunting. This remake tries to mine similar beats, but it's almost too lean in some places which made the original delve deeper into the sense of isolation of the boy as well as the longtime companion of the child vampire, so it just never got under my skin.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks