What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
CRAZYLEGS CRANE - includes 16 animated shorts
Coming April 26th on DVD and Blu-ray!

Reversible Art - new sketch drawings by the original animator/designer Art Leonardi

BONUS FEATURES - To be announced!

Attachments

• 738329185626.jpg
    738329185626.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 83
  • 738329185626_B.jpg
    738329185626_B.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 73

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
THE ANT AND THE AARDVARK - includes 17 animated shorts
Coming April 26th on DVD and Blu-ray!

Reversible Art - new sketch drawings by the original animator/designer Art Leonardi

BONUS FEATURES - To be announced!

Attachments

• 738329185220.jpg
    738329185220.jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 738329185220_B.jpg
    738329185220_B.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 70

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
An Ignite Films Cinecolor HD Restoration!

The Caribou Trail (1950) Starring Randolph Scott, George 'Gabby' Hayes, Bill Williams, Karin Booth, Victor Jory, Douglas Kennedy, Jim Davis, Dale Robertson, Mary Stuart and James Griffith - Directed by Edwin L. Marin.

Attachments

• caribou_trail.jpg
    caribou_trail.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 67

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Bob Furmanek said:
Excellent! I've been wanting to see a restored Cinecolor copy of this for a VERY long time.

attachicon.gif
Cariboo.jpg
Bob, at some point (and on whatever link is appropriate), can you tell us about restoring Cinecolor?

I understand that SuperCineColor did not start until the year after The Cariboo Trail, so I'm really curious about restoring the dual film color format (since I know very little about Cinecolor and I find the web info confusing)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Very briefly: it's a two-color system with red/blue elements. When restoring it, you can do separate scans and recombine digitally which yields the best quality but is difficult because of differential shrinkage.

The alternative is what I did with SCARED TO DEATH (two color) and JACK AND THE BEANSTALK (three color) and that is to scan from a pristine 35mm composite print.

Either way, the process - when transferred properly - can look very good.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Sorry, I did not mean to imply that it was HD — I still have a few friends that say that their cable system only offers TCM in standard def without any way to see TCM in HD, so it has become a habit of mine to say TCM-HD.

No, "Scared to Death" did not look to be in HD, but it did look far better than I have ever seen it. In fact, this is the first time it looked good enough for me to sit and watch the entire movie.

As much as I love watching Lugosi, I have only watched a few minutes of most of his 'Poverty Row' films as the quality is far too bad for my patience. I was thrilled with the new HD of "Voodoo Man" and I also have (and enjoy) the HD Blu-rays of "The Devil Bat" & "The Death Kiss" (and "The Black Sleep" Blu-ray is on order!)

wesaussie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Anderson
Hey Bob,
You said you restored Jack and the Beanstalk. Is it still available and where would I get a copy?
I've been after a decent copy of this movie for years.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
jAV

wesaussie said:
Hey Bob,
You said you restored Jack and the Beanstalk. Is it still available and where would I get a copy?
I've been after a decent copy of this movie for years.
JACK AND THE BEANSTALK, with Gene Kelly, is a recent Warner Archive release.

wesaussie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Anderson
I am after the Abbott and Costello version which was originally filmed in cinecolor and I presumed this was the one Bob was speaking about not the Gene Kelly version which would have been filmed in technicolor.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Whoa!

Fellas. This is the thread for Kino announcements. Please.

Discussions of other films are for other threads. Announcements only here, please.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Mike Frezon said:
Whoa!

Fellas. This is the thread for Kino announcements. Please.

Discussions of other films are for other threads. Announcements only here, please.

Sorry about that, Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks