1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official JOHNNY ENGLISH Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Most everyone knows the premise - what happens when the most anti-suave guy in MI7 gets a crack at being a secret agent.

I was pleasantly surprised by the fast pacing, and the amount of spy gags that were spoofed for good effect and laughs. I had a good time with the goofiness of Rowan Atkinson playing Johnny English in this movie.

I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.

2. Ryan FB

Ryan FB Second Unit

John Malkovich should never, ever try to speak with a French accent again.

I have to agree on the goofiness, some of the jokes were pretty predictable, but they still got a laugh out of me. [​IMG]

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Johnny English". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

4. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Screenwriter

Watched the late show with an audience full of Bean fans. It made it that much better. Lots of true laugh out loud moments. It is very goofy and silly and very few flat jokes.

I thought the car on the tow truck was actually a pretty cool moment in the movie. Something that I would have expected to see in a serious Bond type movie. Very clever.