What's new

*** Official "JACKASS: THE MOVIE" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
Saw Jackass today. Never have I felt more disconnected from the human species in my life than while being stuck in a crowd of frat boys roaring through this 90 minute celebration of assholism. What a piece of shit.

Mark

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
So you can't call Jackass art, but its damn funny and I will be there tonight for a showing!

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator
Well, reviews are starting to come in.................and the verdict is that if you like the show, the movie is great!! Sounds like a blast.

This is off of yahoo:
SOURCE
BRIEF REVIEW
GRADE*

E! Online
"...the funniest film of 2002..."
A

New York Post
Lou Lumenick
"...the worst movie of the year."
F

One Guy's Opinion
"...like being trapped at a perpetual frat party."
F

Reel Film Reviews
David Nusair
"...one of the funniest movies of the year (albeit in a sporadic way)."
C+

Reel.com
Mary Kalin- Casey
"It's a lousy behavioral example for today's youth. But it's also incredibly funny."
B

Slant Magazine
Ed Gonzalez
"...grows progressively more tiresome as it moves along."
C+

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Well, one of the aims of film is to elicit an emotional reaction. Through this film I found myself laughing, cringing, reeling from sympathetic pain, and desperately listening for someone's mom to say the F-word. In all, a very fun time to be had at the movies.

Note, there are no morally redeeming qualities to the film. It has no story, no cohesive theme, or much that separates it from the half hour television show (short of the opening and closing). Even the resolution is cheap digital camera (at best).

If you have seen the show and couldn't stand it, don't watch. There is no way this will seem any better to you on the big screen. Otherwise, put on your "Hey y'all, watch this" hat and you may just find yourself having a fun time.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, and it is my firm belief that these people have the strongest immune system of any human beings in history. I saw an episode once that made me feel like getting a tetanus shot just from watching it.

PeteD

Stunt Coordinator
Saw it last night... In the first 30 seconds, I had tears streaming down my face...

This is brainless and stupid -- The funniest film i've seen all year.

All I can say is make sure you stay for after the end credits.. Oh man that's funny.

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
Jackass The Movie has got to be the funniest movie I have seen in a while. Nothing has made me continually laugh, or held my laughter that long.

I was laughing so hard during the roller disco segment, that I couldn't breathe.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I was laughing so hard during the roller disco segment, that I couldn't breathe
Me too! I haven't laughed this hard at the theater since Dumb and Dumber. Jackass won't win no awards, but it is going to make an ass-load of money.
I almost pissed myself during the sea-cucumber bit.
The only thing wrong about this film was that people brought their 9 and 10 year old kids. These people should have their kids taken away. I can see the Springer parents now: "C'mon sonny, you wanna see some dicks and ass? How about some really disgusting things like a yellow snow-cone?"
So when's the DVD coming out? ;)
-Dean-

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
I laughed so hard. This movie really was a great way to spend a friday night. A bunch of friends were there and everyone had a great time. I also saw a bunch of 10 year old kids and thought, "Wow, parent of the year award is coming to my town." This surely isn't one for everyone.
I think the golf bit was my favorite. So simple yet so profound:D .

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Who wants to bet that the whole film's budget was spent on the film's last two minutes rather than the other 78 minutes? :)
I'm a fan of the show and I have to say I thought Jackass: The Movie was one of the funniest movies I've seen all year. Sure, it's crude, rude, and immature... but for 80 minutes, I had tears rolling down my face.
My favorite bit was "Son of Jackass" at the end. :)

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
I think the sno-cone segment was one of the ones that couldn't be shown on TV.

Pretty funny flick. I hope there are extras on the DVD.

66 years is going to be a long wait...

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I wonder if there will be a director's cut version of this movie or a special edition DTS-ES one as I can see a trend to making this movie even more profitable.

Gui A

Supporting Actor
You know...
It's one thing when people do stupid stuff far, far away from me, like in Japan...
But it's another thing when moron wannabe 17 year olds do it coming outside the movie theater...

This kid runs up behind a late 80s civic, gets up on the trunk, runs across the roof, onto the hood, jumps off and runs away.

The guy driving the car didn't do anything, it just drove off to pick someone up after it happened,
but if something like this had happened to my, or my friend's cars,
we can't guarantee we would have been able to keep pressing that brake pedal.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
You and many others. I haven't seen it, but early estimates place its first-weekend gross at a whopping $25 million, exceeding all estimates so far as I know. I hear a crack in the walls of civilization...

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
It was worth the wait and then some!

I have to say that this is one of the funniest films I have ever seen in my life. The opening was just so spectacular! I work in the IT department for a major rental car company and the first bit had my laughing so hard that my chest felt like it was going to implode....and from there Jackass never let up.

If this film really made $25million and only cost $12million then a sequel should be in the bag, I know I'd love to see even more Jackass.

Watching the end credits there were a lot of locations that were not shown in the movie, the DVD has the possibility of becoming something really special and huge.

So far Jackass: The Movie is my second favorite film of the year.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
If this film really made $25million and only cost $12million
Actually, I think it only cost $5 million. Their initial budget was $3 million, but since it tested so well, the studio gave them an additional $2 million and that is what they made the "Son of Jackass" with. This was according to Johnny Knoxville when he appeared on Howard Stern a week ago.

-Dean-

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Jackass is shot on DV camcorders, so most likely it will be 1.33:1. Johnny Knoxville said they didn't use film for the movie either, they shot it the same way they shot the TV show. They might matte it at 1.85:1 though for theaters.
If it was shown 1.85 in theaters, then it has to be like that on DVD as well... At 1h20, they can easily fit OAR and MAR on the same disk.

And YES, I was laughing through the whole thing! I've never seen the TV Series (But will buy the DVDs Sight Unseen for sure)

The crowd was so responsive it was amazing! Some people were definitely smoking pot in the audiance, not to the point where you couldn't see the screen anymore, but it was just cool to know that! I guess it suits the film, but when I went to see How High or Dude Where's My Car, I don't remember anyone smoking in the audience! I guess the smell of pot definitely adds to the experience of the film even though I have no clue if I was high or not since I only inhaled a little bit of second hand smoke.

I'll buy the DVD if it's OAR.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I was resigned to seeing this only once, but I think I'm going to have to catch a late Sunday showing.

Man, I doubt I've laughed that hard in ages. Sometimes some extremely low brow humor hits all the right spots.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
The part with the blowhorn and the golfers was damn funny... the rental car, and the uh, racecar ;)
I just have one question... what kind of drugs were the MPAA on when they made this movie rated-R? I couldn't believe how far Knoxville and the gang were able to push the envelope.
The best was the ending though... BE SURE TO STAY THROUGH THE CREDITS! Son of Jackass looks wonderful
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks