What's new

OFFICIAL IST (Mach Audio) 21" push (1 Viewer)

kryptonitewhite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jordan powell
$300 commitment per driver and need to have 8 sold before he buys all the parts needed.

"The finished units should have 34mm one way Xmax with an Fs at around
16-18Hz. Qts should be around 0.5 using the same motor for the new 18"
coming out"

email Mark at [email protected]

Mods, I don't know how these things work.. permission and so on. If it's an issue please PM me!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It takes a lot for someone here to commit to a cheap sub build with a 12" driver. I'd do it if I wasn't in the process of building four 15's based on TC Sound 3HP neo motors and four 12" LMS subs based on TC9 motors. And not that I have anything against Mach Audio, but the guys at Incriminator are just over the state line if I want a 21". I'd probably go to PSI and just get him to custom build me one. I can even go to his shop and watch it being built.

kryptonitewhite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jordan powell
Nick over at Incriminator is awesome, I didnt get his reply to purchasing 2 of his modded DP 21's until 2 weeks after I ended up purchasing 4 more IB3 18's instead. I about died when i got the price quote, I'd have 2 21's in the towers right now if I heard back before I went with the 18's.

Nice sub motors BTW. Id be a TC guy if I could afford to.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by kryptonitewhite
Nice sub motors BTW. Id be a TC guy if I could afford to.

I've been collecting for years. I have 3 Stryke AV series 12's that are really TC2+. I have an Elemental Designs E10k.44 (TC2+ with the flat cone). To round out the TC2+ drivers, I have a motor that I picked up in a trade, 12" basket from PSI, aluminum cone from someone else, voice coil from a guy that works at AE Speakers (formerly Stryke Audio) and spiders from someone else.

I picked up a pair of TC OEM 12's (TC9 variant motor) when they were at blow out prices. Then I picked up 8 TC9 motors from the factory right before bankruptcy. 7 were from eD 12A.22's and an odd one. Four became IB 18's with recones from Scott at Fi. One became a 12 on a Ti basket with parts from Robot Underground. The remaining 2 are going to be part of the LMS subs mentioned above. While we are on LMS, the other 2 will be using ssacket OEM motors since they are like a 3 slug TC9. I traded the odd TC9 motor for an eD 13Av.2 basket and bought 3 more.

A few years ago, I picked up 4 3HP neos and 2 3HP regular motors from Ebay when Lightning Audio was liquidating them. I added a pair of 15" TC-3000 top assemblies to the regular motors. I've picked up blown 15" top assemblies over the years and finally have the 4 I need for the neo motors. Cones for these and the LMS come from Sundown. Coils from a guy in San Diego. Spiders from someone else.

I recently traded some sonosubs based on TC db-500 drivers to a guy for a dual 2 TC-3000.

Finally, I used a TC7 motor that was attached to the Ti basket used in the RU build above along with a TC-2000 coil/spider assembly, an odd basket and a Sundown 12 cone to build the sub in the video below. That's my TC Sounds history.

That isn't me in the video. I traded that guy for a classic Rockford Fosgate car amp.

kryptonitewhite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jordan powell
I think that video was posted under ROE and I commented on it a few times :)

I envy your collection, wonderful stuff you have. Wouldnt mind some LMS ULTRA 5400s myself.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The online sub crowd is relatively small. You can see the same names at different forums. I follow you at AVS more than here.

It has taken years to collect those subs.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Build logs? Systems? Not in my car. My wife's car is bone stock. My 16 year old Maxima has a head unit and coaxials from Pioneer. I've been meaning to add a sub for the last 5 or so years but home theater kept getting in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks