What's new

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) (1 Viewer)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Marion's role was underwritten for sure. Still, I'd rather watch Karen Allen stand around and smile with her fists on her hips any day than watch Kate Capshaw's Willie Scott. Alison Doody gets little respect, in my opinion. Her Dr. Elsa Schneider character was miles above Willie Scott or Marion Williams (Ravenwood) in KotCS.

In the end, I'm just happy I liked KotCS a lot more than most it would seem. Perhaps that is because growing up Indiana Jones was always a distant second to Star Wars, so when prequel time came my expectations were sky high for them, but not for Indy. Now that I'm older, I'm finding Star Wars, taken as a whole, is becoming a distant second to the 'man in the hat'.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Absolutely. I do thank KotCS for getting my wife and I to watch the first three this summer (and more than once). Ford, across the films, creates the very definition of an iconic character. And all by itself, Raiders is a legit masterpiece of the form.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Harrison's Indy and this is a bit of a statement but his status as Indiana Jones is probably the Cinema's best all around character. I probably should use favorite instead of best.

Kind of does it all..appeals to young boys & grown men...ladies too. And he's cool...a bad ass. And The Hat. Well, it's THE Hat.

Everyone loves Indiana Jones.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed Harrison Ford as IJ in Crystal Skull. Other than the first 5 minutes, I thought he nailed the character. He just had to share too much screen time with characters like Oxley and Mack.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Indy is easily one of my all-time favorite movie characters. I wouldn't put him at #1(that's Vader), but he's definitely in the Top 5.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

Completely agree. Ford was definitely 100% there as Indy ( other than those first 5 minute mentioned
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
). And how can you not love the moment of his reaction when he sees Marion for the first time.

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Big film score news--Concord records is releasing the Raiders complete score and expanded releases of TOD and LC. TOD has been the holy grail for many film score lovers, as the OST has long been out of print, and Williams' score for the film is a rolling and rocking joyride. Raiders got a pretty good release a few years back, but that has gone OOP, too.

For more info, see the following JWfan page.

JOHN WILLIAMS Fan Network - INDIANA JONES: THE COMPLETE SOUNDTRACKS COLLECTION (2008)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
About time. I'm putting in a pre-order. I'll end up with two copies of KOTCS, but I can live with that rather than waiting for a individual releases that will probably cost as much in total as the box set.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I was bored and home by myself so I decided to give the blu-ray a spin. I was surprised that I enjoyed it much better than the first time I saw it. I think with a few more viewings it will grow on me much like Temple did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks