What's new

*** Official HTF SOCOM Clan Thread (1 Viewer)

GaryP

Second Unit
Sean,
I'll be on for most of the evening (HTF-JoBoo). Look for us in our own HTF room in the highest East Server. I'll try to keep the board updated as to our whereabouts just in case we aren't there. (No promises Curtis ;) )
In case it has a password and you haven't really followed this thread, here is a list of our commonly used passwords.
htfclan (always try this one first)
nightwing (try this second)
HTF
htf
Hope you can join us, though I have to warn you in case you're a newbie. I'm pretty rough on the new guys. ;)
Gary

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
cool thanks for the info.

as far as newbie status....i've been playing for about a month, but i'm only mediocre. i get my kills but i'm rarely mvp material. i'm good backup or firebait :)

i'll look for the room later tonight

thanks

GaryP

Second Unit
Hey Homies,
We now have a room open in US East 2 1 "HTF Practice" join us if you can.

Gary

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Anyone on now? The girlfriend has to be up early tomorrow so I'm on my own for the evening and I'm in the mood for some SOCOM :D

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Hey guys ... the SSSL league match is tonight. I need 3 more players for 7PM EST.

The room is in Nihon and should be ??? vs HTF. E-mail me or AIM me for the password if you can play.

Calvin
HTF-Nightwing
HTF clan leader

Leslie W

Stunt Coordinator
With X-Box Live looming on the horizon I know a lot of clan members will be moving play over to there, if we keep HTF clan alive I don't see why Calvin should stop being HTF clan leader.

I have personally seen how hard he has worked to make HTF clan one of the best informed, most practiced & battle ready, clans on SOCOM today.

I vote for Calvin to be HTF clan leader at X-Box live for the games we play that have teams.

I think he has done a tough job willingly and is certainly able to continue on doing it.

Leslie

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
i strongly second that nomination!! But, only on the condition that Cal does not mind being the leader.

He has mentioned perhaps other people leading other games in Xbox Live, but us all sticking together as a clan, and I think thats a great idea! But, I think that each subgame leader should all report to Cal ultimately.

Note: it might sound like we are taking this thing a bit seriously, but again it is all in good fun. I have made quite a few friendships since the start of SOCOM and have gotten to know alot of the HTF members. Heck, we have all even mentioned the possibility of a meet at some point!

My point is, I love playing with you guys and gal(s) and I hope to continue with each of the online games coming out in the future. We already know that Ghost Recon, MechAssault, and Unreal will all support team-based modes, so it makes sense for us to stick together!

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Regarding the latest email, I'll admit I'm personally losing interest in SOCOM rather quickly. Actually, I'll rephrase that. I'm losing interest in PS2 online gaming in general. Between server problems, immature players, and just a bunch of other games and other things that are occupying my time, I'm not playing SOCOM all that often. I'm actually considering selling it to help pay for some other upcoming purchases. In any case, I'll let you guys know what i decide to do. SOCOM was a blast but I hadn't really planned on buying it in the first place and it was more of a game to hold me over until November when alot of must have games are coming out(GTA VC, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 0, the new Bond game, etc). Like I said, if I do decide to sell it I'll probably give it a good last play online.
Forgot to mention, I don't have an XBox nor do I plan on getting one in the immediate future. Probably this summer at the earliest, though between buying a new car and finding an apartment and a job, I'm not even sure I'll be able to swing one then :)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I think the idea is grand personally. Calvin has been busting his hump for us and its very appreciated.
You beat me to the punch Leslie as I was going to post about Ghost Recon and nominating Cal for leader of that game later this week.:D.
As for the OVERALL leader thing, I think a much better idea is for there to be a "council" of leaders if you will. Each person that wants to lead a particular clan of the HTF on a different game is equally a leader and can work together with other leaders to coordinate. I think this kind of even distribution will in the long run be more successful than a rigid command structure so to speak.
Like Jason said, allot of this stuff may be takings things to seriously, believe me when I say that when you start placing more emphasis on how a clan is setup and run than on playing the games in question things will fall apart.
Just remember that we are all a group of friends that get together to play. At the end of the day thats all that counts. As long as we are having a good time while we do it,its all good!:D

Leslie W

Stunt Coordinator
Very good idea Romier. I agree with that suggestion. If I could learn how to use the darn quote thingy here I would quote you.

I am talking " Leader Council "

Great idea.

Leslie

James St

Supporting Actor
Great match last night guys. We got off to a rough start but everything fell into place once we got comfortable.
I would also like to thank Cal for the excellent job he has done as our Socom HTF clan leader. He has busted his ass to help make our clan what it is today. And add in another vote for Cal to lead us into battle in Ghost Recon.
P.S. I'm jumping on now for warm ups.

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Well guys, our match tonight with TFF didn't go well for me... I was dumped out 6 times, and then couldn't switch to the proper team. Bottom line, in 2 hours, I played about 15 minutes. I was rather upset.

First of all, sorry to the other 7 on the team, but from what I saw, you didn't need help, we we're killing them.

I am just a moment away from dumping Socom in the trash... I can't take this server bullshit anymore. There is no excuse for these problems after 2 months of up time.

Now, I have a question for the Socom clan, and Calvin, since it looks like he'll be leading the Ghost Recon clan.

My question is simple. I have 2 of my best friends, from Junior High, through college as my roommates. They have Xbox Live, they will be playing Unreal and Ghost. But, they are not active in posting, and don't even have accounts on HTF.

I would like these guys to be able to play with the ultimate group, which you guys are. They won't be in anything official, but would like to just play with people that have class. So anyway, would anyone here mind if they added you to thier friends lists? And could they play with us once in a while? But nothing official?

Let me know what you guys think... but personally, I don't see a problem with it, since a lot of times, we don't even get 8 a room during the week.

Well, give me your opinion.

Tom

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
skiner, sorry to hear about your problems tonight. we were discussing after you left the same thing, that we could all tell that you were having issues.

i strongly believe that once GR arrives, I wont bother with SOCOM ever again (with the exception of the Sony Tourny)

I dont see a problem with your buddies playing with us either (or being a part of the clan for that matter)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
We kicked ass and that is all there is to it! Needless to say we moved on in the Sony Tournament. Things are looking good for tha HTF!

GaryP

Second Unit
Tom,
Absolutely, bring the friends along. We always need the company on the week nights anyway. Hang in there a few more days. Jason says GR has been bumped up to coincide with the launch of "Live" so it wont be too much longer.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks