What's new

Official HTF HD-DVD Review: Terminator 2 Import - Recommended (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yeah, but on a 2-disc set.

And I have to spend those shipping costs all the time (but not this time. :) On the other hand, you guys don't have to pay VAT for this one )....

Cees

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, Xploited Cinema is FAST!!! Ordered this title on Sunday and already received the package today. Not sure when I'll get a chance to watch it, but at least it's already in my grubby little hands. :emoji_thumbsup:

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Hopefully mine will be here Saturday!

Cees, good point. Actually I kind of feel a bit like an elitist paying more. (for a better HD disc too ;)) :)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Terminator 2: Judgement Day arrived today via xploited cinema! Dang, very fast shipping and this was packed like Fort Knox. :D Too cool.

Guess what I'll be watching tonight in HD DVD?.......

A W N U L D :cool:

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Tim,

I just watched my copy tonight and all I can say is WOW!!! T2 is probably the only film I've purchased as many times as Star Wars, but this HD-DVD version is by far the best it has ever looked or sounded. If anyone is on the fence about this title do yourself a favor and get it now and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. As Ahnuld would say "Trust Me". :D

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hiya Gary!

Nice to see you over here and away from the bickering and often childish AVS crowd!

Nice review!

:) d

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Brent is right as is Gary, Robert G, and others who've purchased this French Import. Wow is right. Looked fabulous on my Mits projector. By far the best looking I've ever seen T2. (and like Brent I've owned every copy known to man) :D

Every one of you chumps just go ahead pluck down about $36 shipped from Xploited Cinema and get this gem. It's worth it.

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/te...e-p-11233.html

:cool:

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor

you got it mack daddy, thanks

the AVS crowd is a total joke, talking to them about films is like discussing politics with a infant ;)

-Gary

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Substitute the word "films" with pretty much any other topic and you've described the overall vibe at AVS. I used to post there frequently, but now the only time I go there is to get information on the new Pioneer 8th Gen. plasmas that are coming out this fall. Aside from that I avoid that place like the plague. It's so much nicer here at good old HTF. :)

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
the problem is that the software forums are plagued with fanboy gamers who want all movies to look like HDNet, no film grain, perfect vivid colors and so on, sorry but that just ins't the way things are or should be ;)

I am not giving up on AVS, I put my 2 cents worth in on film qualities (as does Mack) whenever I get a chance and I always get flamed

heck, many folks over there want 2.35:1 films to "fill their screen" :frowning:

-Gary

Eric F

Screenwriter
Not everything at AVS is all bad. As with everything else you have to know how to take the good with the bad, etc, etc.

I tend to ignore most of the threads over there.

Porfirio

Second Unit
Gary,

Did you notice any audio glitch on the Director's Cut? On my copy, during the weapons cache scene, when Arnold finds the grenade launcher he is supposed to say, "Excellent" but instead it comes out as "Ecellent".

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Gary.
Why in the world would NR be added to a few scenes?
In fact, how in the world???
Would the technician actually just add NR to some scenes & not others (all)?
Thanks, again.

Looking forward to the UK release.

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator

Yep. i had that too. It sounded like he said "Egg Plant". I went back and played the scene again and it is definately a "drop out" of some descrption. Weird.

The theatrical version seems fine and doesn't exhibit the same issue.

Porfirio

Second Unit
Thanks for the reply. It's really noticeable and yet none of the reviews mention it. Oh well. Thanks again.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I've got the imported Harry Potter 4, The Pianist, Elephant Man, Brotherhood of the Wolf, and Enemy at the Gates, all of which are excellent. Thank you HD DVD for being region free and thanks to Xploited Cinema's excellent customer service.

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator

Yes. I'm surprised too. What is your player if you don't mind me asking. Mine is a Toshiba XE1 (european version of the XA2) with the latest firmware (versio 2.0).

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks