What's new

Official HTF HD-DVD Review: Terminator 2 Import - Recommended (1 Viewer)

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
ronsreviews_covers_term2hdfr.jpg">

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Gary, I had the opportunity to watch this imported HD DVD last weekend and agree with you completely on the PQ and AQ of this release. IMHO, the PQ even bests last years Lionsgate BD release (which I also own).

Thank you for the fine review.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Thanks for the review, Gary.

I ordered it back in Januari, from Amazon France, more or less a gamble - only to receive "unfortunately delayed" messages a few times (all in French). But I have to agree with you that the final result is almost unbelievably good!

Cees

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
thanks guys, I too was very pleased with this, more than pleased in fact, I think I may make some custom cover art for the set :D

-Gary

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
And this is why I try to stay away from these sort of reviews! Good job, Gary! You convinced me to try and sneak this past the wife on the old plastic money.

StevenW

Second Unit
It would be great to one day see a side by side comparison of the US and French releases.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I enjoyed your review, Gary.

I would like for Blu-ray to have another crack at T2 with this extended cut, since I was rather disappointed with the previous Blu-ray release of the theatrical edition. Not terrible, of course, but I didn't consider it that big a step up from SD-DVD.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
This review pushed me over the edge and I just ordered my copy from Xploited Cinema today. Can't wait to get it as T2 is one of my all-time favorite action flicks. :emoji_thumbsup:

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Tim and Brent, I promise you that you will not be disappointed. This is a very well done release.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Second that!

Next we need The Terminator (which I already own on BD too).

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Thomas,

I'm not sure. There have been numerous releases on VHS and DVD - even "trilogy sets" - by different studios: (Fox) Pathé, Carolco, Sony Pictures (!), but most of them by "MGM Home Entertainment (Europe)".

The BD is available here too (probably just a US import).

Cees

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Sad we have to import awesome movies like this rather than getting U.S. releases in a timely mannor.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
In some ways it's kind of cool to get a few imports. One of those nananabooboo things to brag about. Of course we spent double! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks