What's new

***Official Halo 2 Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Adam W

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To my suprise there were about 300 people there. I got me the collector's edition and the discs were stacked rather then a flipper in the middle of the case for the bonus disc like the store pre order metal case showed. Besides that negative, I got a free subscription to xbox nation for preordering. This is the best day ever!

Just finished playing for an hour on the Heroic difficulty setting. The game seems way harder then legendary was on the orginal Halo. So far I am loving this game and shooting two different guns at once is awesome.

Apparently there are some serious hdtv issues with Halo 2 -- i was going crazy trying to figure out what was wrong until I came upon this thread:

http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=10505674

It looks like widescreen support is broken, and if you try playing in 480p widescreen, each edge of the screen will be cut off a bit - almost like the screen is zoomed. You won't even be able to see the complete HUD. i can't even put into words how disappointing this is...

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
It's just underscan I think. If you're on a projector make sure it's set at 16:9 instead of native.

The widescreen co-op sucks. Vertical split screen is NOT good for two people in this game, you need a wide field of vision. So I set it to 4:3 in the Xbox's settings and it's just like Halo 1.

So far I like it, big wide open game play but your teammates can be a bit stupid when controlling a vehicle (leaving without you and advancing ahead really fast).

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member

Where did you have yours pre-ordered? I pre-ordered my LE at the Erin Mills EB back in August, so if they actually stopped pre-orders on it, then that means that they might have known how many copies they were getting.

Either way, I'll have my copy tonight.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
In only a few short hours I'll finally have my copy and be playing, the shipment notification claims it will be here by 4:30 PM.

To bad about the widescreen support, though it really doesn't bother me since I don't have a 16:9 display to play on, but for those that do it sucks.

Anyone even attempted Live on this sucker or the multi-player deathmatches? I'm going to a Halo party tonight where I expect we will be going to town on deathmatch mode.

Can't wait to play!

Kami

Screenwriter
Im sitting here waiting for UPS to drop off my copy.

So what is wrong with widescreen support? Is it just people with overscan issues on their TV, or what?

I find it almost impossible to believe that Bungie would allow such a huge error to go unnoticed, and none of the reviews mentioned it. Surely a lot of them test it on 16:9 HD displays?

Guess I will find out any hour now..

Evan M

Second Unit
Woot! Just played for like 6.5 hours straight.. time to get some sleep, I guess...

Story line is double ... to some degree.. you play as the Master Chief. AND .... you play as an Elite!!! I thought that was only going to be for multiplayer.. pleasant surprise.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
This is extremely disappointing. Ive had my copy reserved for over a year and a half now at the local Game Stop. I have a HD 16x9 display. Please someone tell me whats going on with this. I wont get my copy till after work (5pm) tonight, I probably wont be playing till around 6pm, and that forum link isnt working above.

Kami

Screenwriter
I've been reading about the 480p problem on nearly every forum I have visited. This is a monumental error on Bungie's part. I simply can't fathom how they could screw this up.

I am so, so horribly disappointed. :frowning:

In fact I am downright furious. It better not have the same problem on my TV, I bought an Xbox for a reason - to play games in 480p on my 50" HDTV, not fucking 480i. :angry:

I'll let you all know how it turns out once UPS delivers the damn thing.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
can anyone send me links to these forums talking about this 480p problem, I searched the web and couldnt find anything yet.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
My wife picked up Halo 2 for me on her way to work and got the LE "because the box was prettier than the other." Can't argue with that kind of logic, eh?;)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I'm wondering if I should even pick this game up after work. Does anyone know if Bungie or Microsoft acknowledges this problem?

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

Im starting to wonder the same thing. Might be worth it to wait until they fix it. What does that do to my pre-order status and $5 I deposited? Talk about an oversight.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike

It sounds like this is an overscan issue. I for one have my projector set to zero overscan, therefore I don't think that this will be a problem for me.

Can anyone else set their overscan to zero?

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Im in the same boat as you Phillip, but its only $5. I called Game Stop which is where I reserved it, and they said that they hold the game for 48 hours, after that if the demand is high they sell off reserved games, but your deposit you can still use when you do finnally get the game. I told them about hte problem, they didnt hear anything about it. so I gave them the heads up.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I cant, my tv is a 55" widescreen HD Mitz Rear-Proj. Not to mention, I shouldnt have to adjust my overscan. But I would as a temporary solution if I could.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

Cool, I went to best buy to reserve mine, but Im sure they will have the same policy. Who am I kidding? I'll be picking it up regardless. Hopefully they fix the problem soon and will allow us to exchange discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks