What's new

*** Official "HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
WOW...what a stinker!

I went into this one expecting Halloween but got a Thanksgiving turkey instead. You know the franchise is in trouble when you have Busta Ryhmes facing off Michael Myers in kung-fu mode(complete with sound effects as if he's auditioning for Rush Hour 3). John Carpentar is probably rolling in his grave and he's not even dead yet.

The biggest problem was utter lack of character development, killing off any potential tension they might have generated. The characters(and performances) are so paper-thin that you simply don't care who he kills or doesn't.

I don't expect much from horror sequels and Resurrection delivered far below my expectations.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
have Busta Ryhmes facing off Michael Myers in kung-fu mode(complete with sound effects as if he's auditioning for Rush Hour 3).
I took that as a joke, actually...as evidenced from when he was watching that kung-fu movie earlier in the film.

Character dev was a problem, but horror movies rarely do that well.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah, but you'll notice that comparisons go anywhere from "It was the worst movie ever" to "rather enjoyable" ...so you should see it and decide for yourself. If you like the Halloween franchise, I'd at least give it a shot.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Halloween: Resurrection". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF member film reviews of "Halloween: Resurrection" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Crawdaddy

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I finally got around to watching this last night, and this is one film I would have enjoyed watching in a big theater.

At the point where one discovers, Busta
is not actually dead I would love to hear the BOO!!! vs Laugh ratio. This movie seemed to have hope of being a fun ride, up until the point Tyra Banks and Busta were hired. They should have hired a couple other unknowns for these roles if nobody else wanted the parts.

RyanPC

Stunt Coordinator
First of all, let me explain how I rank this series:

Halloween: A classic. I don't think I need to explain how I feel about this movie, as it's simply excellent.

Halloween II: I feel this one is almost as good as the original. I love how it continues the story and while overall the plotting is weaker and not as tight as the original, I still think this one's a classic.

Halloween III: I feel this was a refreshing turn for the series. While not up to the levels of 1 and 2, for some reason it still FEELS like a Halloween movie, even if Michael isn't in it, and that's good in my book.

Halloween IV: While this one is good and well made I think all the reruns on AMC has caused me to like it even less. While it is better than 5 and 6, it still is not as good as the previous films, even though it tries to duplicate their atmosphere. I still really like it though.

Halloween V: This is where the series starts to sink. While it's a technically well made film, it just seems a retread of 4, especially since some of the same characters are in it. I feel the second half should have been better and again, the constant replay on AMC has made me dislike it even more even more, even though I just "like" it now.

Halloween VI: This, to me, is the ultimate worst in the series. Technically, this is definitely amateurish and downright boring. Horrible film, although I can't help but think a second viewing might help after all these years.

Halloween H20: I thought this was a refreshing turn for the best for this series. Although I can't say I like the "Scream" atmosphere and music, Jamie Lee turns in a great performance and it's nice to see her kick some ass. I liked it, at least better than 5 and WAAAY better than 6.

Now that we've established how I feel about this series, let me get to why I liked Resurrection. I admit I don't much care for the teen angle in this film, like the webcam thing, but the beginning with Jamie Lee is classic and overall I think the film is very well made-- having the film directed by Rick Rosenthal was a definite plus in my book. The Birds 2 may have been horrid, but Halloween 2 is a classic. And at least the music in this one was better than in H20. I also think Busta Rhymes wasn't as bad in it as people say he is. I thought it was a very good film and the DVD was great (I rented it). I might consider buying it but I have other titles I want more at the top of my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks