What's new

Land of the Dead (2005) (1 Viewer)

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Looks like they removed the original Dawn and Day material from the trailer. The first trailer had parts from those movies in it, now it just shows Night scenes.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Looks like they removed the original Dawn and Day material from the trailer. The first trailer had parts from those movies in it, now it just shows Night scenes.
This was done immediately. All the theatrical prints of the trailer were sans-"Dawn" and "Day" footage but the internet version that was released at the same time had the footage, probably mistakenly. They apparantly never had the rights. "Night" is public domain but the other two aren't. I know Anchor Bay owns the home video rights but I don't know exactly who owns the rights to the footage in other cases. Anyways, can a mod change the title of this thread? The film has been known as "Land of the Dead" for a long time.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I just watched a trailer last night on HDNET and it still had scenes from all three Dead films.

Can't wait for this one.:b

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I saw my first two glimpses of this soon to be rockin' film during Family Guy and American Dad of all things!
The funny thing was I instinctively knew what film the previews were for before I even had enough visual information. I just sort of knew.
I love the one shot of the zombie's head slowly popping up out of the water, it was a nice little tip of the hat to Carnival of Souls on Romero's part I thought. :emoji_thumbsup:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Are you following me? Kidding. ;)
Yeah, I thought of a couple of those too, but I thought that the parralel was appropriate between 'CoS' and 'LotD' because of the whole 'dead people' motif.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yes it is, Andres, I can't wait, either! :emoji_thumbsup:
I've been thinking about it, and there hasn't been a single film that portrays the walking dead in some capacity that I haven't liked and enjoyed on one level or another, I even liked the two Resident Evil films.
I guess I just love the whole apocolyptic flavour that all these films share, the idea of a human being still walking around and attacking people after the soul has departed it is both terrifying and sort of insulting to the whole idea of humanity to me.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Woo hoo! Got my Advance Screening tickets for Monday, June 20th @ 7:30pm! I'm SO there!!!

- Colton

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
You know, the clip of the bald Zombie sticking his head up above water also resembles the trailers from DOTD with that films titular bald Zombie "rising" up across a landscape (well...a strait line anyway) like the sun to signify the Dawn Of The Dead.
....or The Creature From The Black Lagoon or....

Stephen Gladwin

Stunt Coordinator
The homage to CARNIVAL OF SOULS may hold more water than you may think, considering Romero admits that CARNIVAL's ghouls were a source of inspiration for the look of his zombies.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It definitely shows, too. The ghouls in CoS, although done on a budget equal to that of the loose change most people have in their sofa cusions, are still among the most nightmarish looking spectres i've seen in a film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks