What's new

*** Official FREDDY VS. JASON Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Steve_Tk
Seriously if they make this garbage where now F and J work together then they might as well go all out and add gremlins, critters, Chucky, the Leprechaun, Pumpkinhead, Mike Myers, Jeepers Creepers, the cat from pet semetary, Killer Clowns from outer space, Pennywise, and the trolls from Earnest scared stupid.
Coming from the person who loved Bad Boys 2, I really dont think you are qualified to classify what garbage is and isnt... :wink:

So, lets get off the high horse Reverend Steve TK...

You usually dont thead fart??? hmmm... As I recall it, you have done it multiple times in these specific threads on this topic for months... But, the biggest joke is that you were also the same person who immediately became very defensive when people slammed Bad Boys 2... Sort of like how a 12 year old gets defensive over their video game collection...;)

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this???

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
I still get defensive over my video game collections and if you didn't like Freddy vs Jason your stupid. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Given the way these series breed sequels, I think we need to look at this as merely "Round 1" rather than the battle royale. I'd give this round to Jason since he was still mobile at the end of the flick and Freddy was just a dismembered head (how exactly was Jason holding onto Freddy's head anyway? It looked like he was carrying it by the hair, except Freddy doesn't have any).

And what was with the ever-changing Freddy makeup? Some scenes he had sharp, pointed teeth. Some scenes he had regular rotten teeth with gaps. Some scenes he had reptilian contact lenses. Some scenes he had none. My only theory is there was some difference in how he appeared in dreams vs. the real world, but I'd have to watch the film again to match it up.

Also, the abrupt cut from the cornfield massacre to the kids in the car seemed to indicate that there was a bunch of footage of the slaughter removed. Perhaps the MPAA thought the carnage went on for too long? It'd be nice if the 2 hour plus version shown to test audiences makes it to DVD, but as with most flicks that are rumored to start out very long, then are cut for theaters, usually all we get are a couple of 2 minute deleted scenes instead of another 1/2 hour of film.

I really enjoyed the film. I've been waiting for Freddy's return for nearly 10 years now and wasn't disappointed (except for that stupid Jason character who kept interrupting the story :D ) Grade: B+

Oh, and I agree that Kelly Rowland did not die soon enough, nor messily enough when she finally did. I could not wait for her to buy it.

I don't believe any of them knew it was "Jason" until Deputy Stubbs filled them in when he crashed their post-massacre meeting.

Oh, and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre trailer before FvJ had some of the creepiest surround sound effects I've ever heard. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Freddy vs Jason was originally much longer... That is why the editing is very poorly done and choppy... They really did a terrible job on the editing... It reminds me of the horrible editing job that was done to Halloween 6... I 100% agree with Scott on that issue...

There were also great ideas in the book (never read the whole thing, but have seen some of the ideas) and several other articles that never made it to the final print... Jason seeing ghosts of past victims (including Shelly (in the scuba outfit), and other characters from his past)... The rave scene with ravers being piped, speared, and thrown across rows of corn like glowing stars... The whole party (with the exception of the 5 who escaped) is wiped out... Better Freddy lines that are vicious as hell... The book especially is more detailed and fleshed out... The book compared to the finished film in this instance is much better actually storywise, etc...

The beginning scene is actually Jason in a Crystal Lake vision of hell... It is explained that Jason was very good to hell while on earth, so in turn hell was very good to him... To Jason, it's Heaven... Heather (the camp counsler in the beginning who is never named or explained in the movie), was killed by Jason around 1000 times... He keeps living those same moments over and over again...

I think that when David Goyer came in to touch up the script, he really hurt it... He took many interesting ideas out of it...

Also, the characters were originally more fleshed out... But, these would not have been the best actors for that... The whole cast should have been different IMO if they wanted to go for story..

And here's a Ronny Yu quote from Chud.com (taken from the FvsJ interview article...

There was a lot more. My first cut was two to two and a half hours when we test-screened it. So, I had to cut out about forty-five minutes."
Thats what was cut after the polished script... So, originally there was a lot more to the movie...

If the script was used in it's entirity, it would have been somewhere around 3 hours long...

Fans and people who in general want a well fleshed out story may have liked this (I would have), but in a short attention span society, I dont think teens, etc would have wanted that or cared for it in this case...

I noticed a few people previously who said the script was bad... Well, when the studio cuts out 50% of your script, it's a gamble there may be a few problems with it...

Lets face it... Not too many people care about a good story, etc when going to see a film like this...

It's a shame really... Because an excellent, well fleshed out story with good acting may have been able to break the stigma of these characters...

Then again, a well fleshed out story probably wouldnt have made as much money...

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
So, lets get off the high horse Reverend Steve TK...
Your right, all the movies in these series have always had superior acting and scripts. Look no further than a freddy or Jason movie for excellent film making. I agree with you 100%.

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
If New Line's smart they should put out an extended editon of this movie on DVD. It'll make tons of money. I know I'll buy it in a second.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Your right, all the movies in these series have always had superior acting and scripts. Look no further than a freddy or Jason movie for excellent film making. I agree with you 100%.
Lord have mercy, so did Bad Boys 2... Call me goofy...
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

By the way, did anyone even make that comment??? I sure dont remember making that comment in my post...

Did I ever say the movies had the best scripts or acting ever??? No... Although, I did find the first Elm Street and Wes Cravens New Nightmare to have creative ideas... I thought FVJ had good ideas that were not used... Many of the movies dont have a script or acting abiltity to save their lives... Some of us just find the movies entertaining... The same way you found Bad Boys 2 to be entertaining...

Many movies in general dont have the script or the acting abilities to save their lives...

As far as I am concerned, you are a trouble making putz... But, thats just in my opinion of course... Dont put much thought into that...

For the life of me, I cant figure out why you keep coming into these same threads 100 times when you hate the characters and have no interest in the movie??? Sprouting off useless chatter... You have done it for many months... Why waste you life on such nonsense??? Dont you have better things to do like clip coupons or stroll around the backyard in your underwear??? Are you really that bored with yourself???

The whole point of the argument is when you are defending a movie such as Bad Boys 2, you shouldn't really throw stones...

Sure, people arent going to like certain movies... Thats perfectly ok.... The say they didnt like, they give their reasons why, and then they move on... But, they dont keep up and up on it haunting the same threads for months at a time... Ranting like some raving psychotic who comes out of nowhere... Scarier than any movie I have seen lately...

Certain movies such as FVJ and Bad Boys 2 were created as entertainment... Neither was going for an oscar...

Deal with it!!! Get over it!!! Move on!!! ;)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
The whole point of the argument is when you are defending a movie such as Bad Boys 2, you shouldn't really throw stones... ;
Actually bud I didn't even bring bad boys into this, you did. I gave an opinion, you are the one that said my opinion is not relevant because I liked Bad Boys. I never said you were not allowed to like a film, but I am allowed to give an opinion about a film or ideas on this site. I even said I was glad that the fans got a film that they wanted.

Who's the childish one here? The one who gave an opinion or the one that said someone's opinion is not relevant because they like movie X, then result to silly personal attacks because you want to try and be funny.

If you want to try and lead by example, move on as you say, you shouldn't have even posted your last post.

And just to let you know, I will not be back to finish our little conversation. I enjoy reading opinions and posting my own, but I have very little time to fit in an argument on a message board, being that they are loose-loose situations. And of course this is eating into my time of clipping coupons and dancing in the back yard.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
And just to let you know, I will not be back to finish our little conversation.
Great!!! My job is done... :D

Oh, I am just kidding you...

Seriously, I never said your opinion was non-relevant... It's fine... But, it was fine the first 5 times you said it... No reason to repeat it 50 more...

Thats all I meant...

Ok, lets move on... ;)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Oh, and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre trailer before FvJ had some of the creepiest surround sound effects I've ever heard.
Too bad the movie's gonna be suck! Did you see the way its shot...all glossy and with filters! UGH! I'll just watch the original again...

Anyway...FvJ is made for the kills and the battles...the other characters I could give two s**ts about...I just want gore and nudity!

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Guys, i am so sad. I missed the initial couple minutes, and I guess the trailer for TexasCM. I came in right after jason killed (im assuming) his 1st person. How did it start, I didnt know until half way through the movie why they were working together.
Seeing every freddy and every jason,
I really really enjoyed this movie. Excellant! Some of the jokes were kinda corny, but I loved the part where jason killed the raver dude screwing the other main girl, and freddy was about to take her out.....

Great Movie.
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
My opinion........ freddy won.
Even with only a head Fred's still going. Jason really only got blown into the water kinda genericly by Beyoncees friend. so whatever.

Now guys, whats the deal with army of darkness. is it good? Ive seen it once a long long time ago. Fill me in, Ive read IGN bits of this new idea and what you guys have talked about, but someone give me an idea of a plot line. Would this army of darkness guy be sent to kill off my fav killers, or what.....
give me your ideas.

oh another thing. what was the main reason kane didnt come back and do jason?

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Veteran Friday the 13th actor Kane Hodder wanted to reprise his role as Jason Voorhees in this film, but was denied the role because the filmmakers wanted Jason to have "sympathic eyes" and wanted him to be a closer physical match to Freddy. Ken Kirzinger, who won the role of Jason Voorhees, played a New York cook and was also the stunt coordinator in Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989).

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Did anyone else notice that Ebert did not review FvsJ? Most major critics reviewed it so I'm sure he could have seen it. I don't always see eye to eye with Ebert but he is the one critic who I always want to read his opinion whether or not I agree with it. I would find it odd if he thought reviewing this was beneath him since he reviewed Jason X last year.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
To be honest, this film was damn near perfect. Stupid teens getting slaughtered by truly evil villains with lots of blood is pretty much all that it really aimed to be in the first place, and it delivered 100%.

I have to say I'm a bigger Freddy fan than Jason (I like his evil sense of humor and one-liners, plus his dream-killing abilities allow him more bizarre and unique kills than Jason, even if some of them go too far into unbelievability).

Neither guy won. The ending left me curious, though: are Freddy and Jason now working together (as implied by the fact that Jason was holding his head and Freddy winked as though nothing was wrong) or are they still going to fight? Either way, they've both been killed many times before and can easily come back.

I really want to see that 45 minutes of backstory that was cut out.

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
Someone on another board said that Freddy was just playing dead to get back to Jason's closet filled with souls. Which would make for a good sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks