What's new

***Official Finding Nemo DVD - Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i used to use WHAT DREAMS MAY COME for picture demo. the in heaven parts.
but this dvd takes over that honor.
it just is a constant buffet of colors.

this is the dvd that i will use to show off my tv.

dory might be the funniest character i have seen in as long as i can remember.
"sea monkeys have my money"

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Disc two also has all the trailers of the film which is pretty cool. unfortunately they are widescreen with no 16x9 enhancement but at least they are 5.1.
i think the incredibles is anamorphic.
and the virtual fishtank is just the menu s without any writing so whatever menu is up will be the VF.

also on the full frame version the directors say it is an "open matting" not the usual re-imaging, but on the dvd cover iit calls it "reframing"

in the trailors section for the special edition dvd's on the new alice in wonderland it will include a brand new song by.....
MEL GIBSON? HUH?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
heh, that is on the dvd. in one of the docs.
there is a tradition of sorts for the woman working on the movie to were eye makeup from the eye to the bottom of the eyebrow. and cheek make up.

i cant remember what the men have to do.
pretty funny. they start to interview one of the woman and she is made up like mimi on drew carey show before they say why she is like that.
so i was thinking this is a strange woman, but then it is all explained.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
From the dvd.ign.com review. Is this on the Nemo DVD? What the hell it going on
Yes, yes this is the inside of the company that changed one of its classic shorts supposedly because of moral reasons!

Why they include this on this set and it’s OK! But their fictional 3D short should be the changed version on this same set!!! I prefer to have the original work and don’t care how they party in their spare times!

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
"Finding Nemo" DVD/video sales reach 20 million
Mon 17 November, 2003 20:32

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Animated underwater adventure "Finding Nemo" has sold 20 million videotapes and DVDs in less than two weeks at retail stores as it continues to outpace expectations, the video's distributor says.

DVD sales reached 15 million and videotapes made up the remaining 5 million units, according to Buena Vista Home Entertainment, a division of Walt Disney.

Disney and Pixar Animation Studios teamed up on "Nemo" in a partnership that produced several other computer animated hits, such as "Monsters, Inc." and "Toy Story".

By all measures "Nemo", in which a fish gets lost and his father goes on the trip of a lifetime to find him, has been a huge success. It is currently this year's top grossing movie, with $340 million at U.S. and Canadian box offices, as well as a smash success on DVD and video.

"We knew it was a great movie, but the (DVD and video) category doesn't see titles of the magnitude," said Bob Chapek, president of Disney's Buena Vista Home Entertainment.

Chapek said the sales were exceeding forecasts, and he noted that the holiday shopping season is yet to come.

When the "Nemo" products first hit retail stores on November 4, a total 8 million combined DVD and video units were sold -- a single-day record that topped "Spider-Man". At that time, Chapek voiced some concern there might be shortages.

He said Monday a few stores did run out of products, but for the most part, Buena Vista was able to shift capacity to meet the strong demand.

"As a result, this has been a best-case scenario. Demand has stayed high, and we were able to supply most of the demand," Chapek said.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Nemo is the best-selling DVD of all time. From comingsoon;

Walt Disney Pictures presentation of a Pixar Animation Studios film Finding Nemo has sold 15 million DVDs making it the #1 DVD of all time; in addition "Nemo" has sold 20 million combined DVD/VHS units within its first 14 days in the United States and Canadian market, it was announced today by Steve Jobs, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Pixar Animation Studios, Michael Eisner, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company and Bob Chapek, President of Buena Vista Home Entertainment.

DVD sales have now topped those of Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment's Spider-Man and New Line Home Entertainment's The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, each of which has sold roughly 14 million DVDs since being released last year.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
The virtual aqauriums on disc 2 have fish in them.

Does anyone have a list of all the easter eggs on this disc? There are a ton, but the ones I have found don't really do that much. I'm wondering if there is more to it...

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Here are a few Knick Knack screenshots from my Ultimate Toy Box Laserdisc set and from the Finding Nemo DVD if anyone's still interested in this. Ignore the color differences. My Laserdisc and DVD players don't have the same calibration.

Miami girl, Laserdisc.

Miami girl, DVD.

Atlantis girl, Laserdisc.

Atlantis girl, DVD.

In my opinion, they went overboard with Miami girl's breast reduction surgery. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks