What's new

***Official Finding Nemo DVD - Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
I´ve had this set for two days now and have laughed and laughed way too much at the extra material on the discs.

They are extremely funny! Behind the Scenes just cracked me up big time. And the introduction on Disc 1, and the animation in the teaser for "The Incredibles" and...

Anyhoo, I really just wanted to post my Pixar Top 5:

1. Finding Nemo/Toy Story 2 (can´t really decide yet. Both are absolutely brilliant)
3. Monsters Inc.
4. Toy Story
5. Bug´s Life (A very good movie.)

As someone implied earlier:
Pixar has an extremely good track record!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Virtual aquarium looks great on my 16x9 plasma. It comes with sound effects. There is a slight pause when it starts the loop again. There are several, but with no fish!? Is there a way to get some fish in the aquarium? Perhaps an Easter egg?
Wait the virtual aquarium has no fish in it? Can someone clarify that. An aquarium with no fish is just a bowl of water. Who wants to see that?

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Well, I haven't seen it yet but the acquarium in the film has lots of stuff in it other then the fish. It is far from being "just a bowl of water".

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Aside from the movie which I enjoy, I can't wait to pop that disc in to my player and hear the dialog recorded for the menu. There was a preview of the first disc at jimhillmedia.com about a month ago, and he had transcribed some of the dialog and I was laughing just reading it, and I read it to my girlfriend over the phone and she was laughing too.

Tuesday, is fast becoming my favorite day of the week being the day when all the new releases hit shelves.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I didn't see an answer to a question from earlier in this thread, so I'll ask it again: Is there an isolated effects-only 5.1 track on this disc? I really enjoyed this on the other Pixar flicks, so I'm very interested.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Is there an isolated effects-only 5.1 track on this disc? I really enjoyed this on the other Pixar flicks, so I'm very interested.
No. The only audio track on the widescreen version is a 5.1 DD EX English track. Full-Frame version has 5.1 DD EX English, Spanish & French Tracks. So no Isolated Effects only track this time around.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
This film is perfection in my book, something for everyone, especially those of us with kids...

1- Finding Nemo
2- Toy Story 2
3- A Bug's Life
4- Toy Story
5- Monsters Inc (which is a great movie)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
No. The only audio track on the widescreen version is a 5.1 DD EX English track. Full-Frame version has 5.1 DD EX English, Spanish & French Tracks. So no Isolated Effects only track this time around.
Is this a fact or are you just going by the announcement specs? Cause I distinctly remember seeing a menu shot of the audio options which mentioned a music-only track. I think it's on DavisDVD or UltimateDisney.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
Paul I have the DVD and on the first disc there are only 2 soundtrack options:
1) english 5.1 448Kbps
2) commentary.

It looks like you can only play the commentary in the "extended cut" with some animations cetches in between.
The DVD is the same as the canadian diasc as it has the canadian rating on it.
The only virtual aquarium with fish is the one on disc two. but that one is full screen only. all have 5.1 sound at 384Kbps
there is also a very funny trailer for Lion King.
The discs also have THX trailers. Disc 1 has the Tex cow trailer. disc2 has the normal Tex trailer.
pretty cool disc,even though the encoding is pretty low (but picture is oustanding)
average bitrate: 5.5Mbps for a disc og 7.65Gb

There is no preview for Incredibles only the trailer.

I think that answered most of the questions on here.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I just checked my DVDs (notice the s!) and there is no anything track only! What I also noticed is that the French and Spanish language tracks are available only for the full frame version not the widescreen! :thumbsdown:

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
well whoever wants to watch a film in non original soundtrack won't care about Full screen anyway:frowning:

Disc two also has all the trailers of the film which is pretty cool. unfortunately they are widescreen with no 16x9 enhancement:frowning: but at least they are 5.1.

The extras format is a bit weird (at least on disc1): it is in 1.33:1 ratio but enhanced anamorphically. so on a 16:9 it wil look fine. But on a regular TV it will just ahve a "zoomed out" effect.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The extras format is a bit weird (at least on disc1): it is in 1.33:1 ratio but enhanced anamorphically. so on a 16:9 it wil look fine. But on a regular TV it will just ahve a "zoomed out" effect.
Or they could be encoded like most menu screens so that it will fill the 1.33:1 frame perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks