What's new

**Official FAHRENHEIT 9/11 Discussion Thread - READ GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!*** (1 Viewer)

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member

I realize that. But in order for him to be able do this, he would have to negotiate with Columbia TriStar, which currently has an exclusive home video window that prohibits any TV broadcast of the film until that exclusive has past.

~Edwin

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
quote:Get ready for Fahrenheit 9/11½.

Of which there will be no discussion permitted on HTF until such time as an actual movie is available for viewing, and then the discussion will be subject to guidelines similar to those applied in this thread.

Responding posts have been removed. Please check the guidelines, people.

M.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Okay, I would've posted as soon as I saw the movie back in September, but I wasn't signed on then because I couldn't remember my password, so I was in a bind then. Now that I am signed on, here are my thoughts:

Rating: **** out of ****

"Fahrenheit 9/11" is one of the best films of the year. I saw in a nearly empty theater, and as it began, I couldn't believe how much I didn't know about the past before going in. I don't belong to any party, but usually I vote democrat anyway, and it was hard to believe some of the things that I saw, especially in the first 15 minutes, but for me, it was still easy to believe anyway because the truth about Bush is all throughout the film.

Sure, there are some inaccuracies, such as who flew the Bin Laden's out of the country, because that was Richard Clarke who did that, although there could be evidence that Bush was the one too, but it didn't distract from the film either.

As the film progressed, I laughed, I groaned at Bush through some of his statements, and I was nearly brought to tears by Lila Lipscomb's story, which was made even more powerful when she stood in front of The White House, angry. Her moments were the most powerful of the entire film.

The funniest moments were some of the sarcastic lines that Michael Moore gives, especially about John Ashcroft and how the state he was running in voted for the dead guy instead of him. I'm cracking up just thinking about it.

The scenes that took place in Iraq are some of the creepiest scenes I've seen in any Michael Moore film to date (I've seen all of his movies except "The Big One") and they were kind of almost in a way frightening. Not to the point of a horror movie, but the images alone did it.

Now that the election is now over, I don't think "Fahrenheit 9/11" is going to go into obscurity. Sure, Bush won, but I think people will continue to watch this movie. Heck, I even think some Republicans will end up loving this movie, but don't ask me how.

On another issue, the film DID deserve its R rating, especially for the public beheading moment about 40 minutes into the movie, but the uses of the "F" word secured that as well.

Still, I think it's a wonderful film, and I think it is probably his best movie to date (Before this movie came out, my favorite Moore film was a tie between "Bowling For columbine" and "Canadian Bacon"). I look forward to seeing the movie again, and what ever else Michael Moore will do next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks