What's new

Official DVD ETC. review request thread -- request equipment reviews here! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Weight

Stunt Coordinator
So Clint, which high school did you graduate from, and what year? I grew up in Fountain Valley. I graduated from FVHS in '84.

Many things have stayed the same around here, while others have changed. I live near Newland & Heil. This little finger of Westminister is surrounded by HB on three sides. It's a great little place to be. Although housing is very expensive now.

One nice thing that Westminster has to offer being "Little Saigon" is several audio stores that cater to the Vietnamese population. I have found some great deals in these stores, once we've gotten past the language barrier.

Do you still have family here?

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Hi, would it be possible for you guys to review the Denon AVR-2803? It's on my short list and I'd really like to know what you guys think of it. Thanks!

Clint Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Eric, your in luck. DVD ETC. is being shipped one of the first 2803's available. We should have it by Monday and it will run in the June issue (on sale in May). I'll let you know if there's anything wrong with it...

Clint Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Jeff, Too funny. I graduated GGHS in 1991 (I never tell people my age). I lived at Garfield & Main St. (H.B.) thru college and up until about 4-years ago...the new housing was just starting to open when I moved over to Irvine and slowed down a bit... 4th of July was getting out of hand.
Most all of my family is still in O.C. --Exactly why I live in Oregon now! I'm in L.A. about 1-week every month to wrap up the magazine at the office, so I'm far from homesick.

Tim Tepas

Auditioning
Here's a list of some equipment I'm currently reviewing...
NAD L70 DVD/Receiver
Canton Movie 10 MX II 5.1 Home Theater System
Canton AS50 Subwoofer
Acoustic Research ARPR1212 Subwoofer

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Clint:

I loved this latest issue of DVD ETC. I was a bit surprised that SV Subwoofers was not in your head to head subwoofer comparisons.

I look forward to your comparisons of the newer DLP, LCOS and LCD projectors both RPTV and FPTV.

Parker

ManojM

Stunt Coordinator
The official name at this time for the big brother to the Anthem AVM-20 is the Statment D1, and we are planning to review it.

Tim Tepas

Auditioning
Michael,
You asked for a review of the Mirage Omnisat speakers, but they were already reviewed. I have been using the Omnisats in my personal system for over a month now and am very happy with them. I just received the new Mirage Omnisat Micro speakers for review. Look for the article soon.

JonathanJB

Auditioning
Reviews on the following would be useful:

Philips 32PW6516 76cm widescreen TV

Philips DVD-736k DVD player

Pioneer DV-355 DVD player

Sony NS305 DVD player

eskendir

Agent
How about some plasma displays? Particularly the hotly debated ones on Internet forums; Panasonic 42Pd3, Pioneer pro800 same as 433CMX, Fujitsu P42VHA20US and the hot new comer 46" BenQ PDP46W1?

ManojM

Stunt Coordinator
Plasmas are going to be signficantly featured in the magazine and also in HDTV ETC. Upcoming reviews include Marantz and Fujitsu 50" plasmas.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Now, that's a review I really want to read. If the review is really good, it is going to stir up my itch again.

ManojM

Stunt Coordinator
Coming in the next issue... Very good player, excellent in the under $500 price range...

Rich:Fi

Agent
I'd love to see a review of the KEF XQ series of speakers. As they are relatively new, I haven't been able to find either magazine or customer reviews. I have listened to them and found their sound to be excellent but I'd love to see the opinions of the pros.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks