What's new

*** Official "DAREDEVIL" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I finally saw this this week (it hasn't even played in theaters here, but I've already got the DVD. Weird, eh?)

I thought it was great. Enjoyed it far more than Spider-Man, even though DD had several pacing flaws that Spidey didn't. Still, Affleck sold the character far better than Maguire did. And although I agree with the complaints about Stick not being there, therefore creating a plot hole regarding Matt's martial arts skills, the film was so much fun that I was ready to forgive such oversights. A little campy at times, but the camp factor worked to its advantage.

Overall, this feels like the first X-Men movie: An enjoyable action flick that will lead to an amazing sequel. Here's hoping :)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
And an amazing Directors Cut...I seriously think that many who dont like the Theatrical cut will love the DC whenever it comes out...and Elektra is still alive...has I have explained in this thread earlier...

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Joshua_Y, I know you want us all to love this film, but no directors cut is going to make me like it. They would have to redo the entire film.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
Ok, so watched the DVD last night, and rewound several times looking for the shot of Electra on the rooftop in the background when Matt finds the braille necklace. An image is posted here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...46#post1360446

So what's the deal? This angle wasn't shown on the DVD, and there was no shot of Electra. Was it a different cut from the theatrical release or is that image doctored somehow? Please forgive if this has been discussed already.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I received a copy of this thing for free, and watched it last weekend. My hope is that, given the lackluster summer at the box office and the apparent backlash brewing against lowest-common-denominator popcorn fare, travesties such as Daredevil will become fewer and further between.

Here was a case of my becoming angry after two hours of an incoherent, juvenile ersatz video game. Hollywood's cynicism amazes me.

Horrible film.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Well, this one at least tried to be something of a character piece and rise above the "mindless" genre - though it misarably failed.

--
Holadem

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
So what's the deal? This angle wasn't shown on the DVD, and there was no shot of Electra. Was it a different cut from the theatrical release or is that image doctored somehow? Please forgive if this has been discussed already.
It will most likely be in the directors cut...they shot it..thats for sure..MSJ has discussed it at Superherohype boards...it wasnt shown in the theaters either...

Rob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator

I think every Marvel comic adaptation besides the Blade movies tried very hard to be character peices, and for any faults, succeeded better then DD.

However, I'm beginning to like Daredevil . It's so full of every worn convention of its (and many other) genre, one can practically view it as a spot-on parody.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I know a lot of people didn't like it. I did and I even liked Ben Affleck. Was it perfect?...No. But, it was enjoyable and I think better than Fantastic 4. Which is getting a sequel. I had heard that part of the problem is Ben Affleck not wanting to do it. But, was that ever confirmed?

-I won't even go into Elektra.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I'd pay to see a sequel, as long as Fox stayed out of this one. The theatrical cut was a deeply-flawed but enjoyable 100 minutes, but the director's cut was a revelation and still ranks as one of my favorite comic book movies. It's not Spider-man 2, Batman Begins, or Superman, but it ranks comfortably beneath them, nor is it so far away as to be unmentionable.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Damn! I just watched the Director's Cut DVD. Hard to believe an extra 30 minutes could make this movie better but...it did.

I still hate the Evanecensce songs but the whole thing worked so much better than the theatrical version. Can't believe TPTB signed off on such a horrible version instead of the director's cut.

The plots and the characters are fleshed out a lot more and it just makes the movie much more interesting. I even bought Ben Affleck as Daredevil.

Good job.

:emoji_thumbsup:

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I also hated the theatre version. I enjoyed the directors cut very much.. I try to explain to people that the directors cut was much better, some do not believe me.

JACOB

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I must've been maybe the only one that liked the theatrical version. Maybe it was because after hearing all the bad word of mouth, I waited to rent it and was pleasantly surprised. I agree that the director's cut is MUCH better but I do miss the scenes with the priest in the confessional.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks