What's new

Official Confirmation: SW Episode III DVD on November 1st (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Actually, the entire performance has been replaced. Coleman and his team did that to "limber up" for Episode III. Obviously, only a part of that will be displayed on the disc.

Sev Bragg

Stunt Coordinator
Tim Glover said:
Ep. I is the weakest of the saga for sure, but I would easily repurchase for a number of reasons that some have already said. Yoda being replaced is a biggie. Chuck is right...how that puppet EVER cleared ANY production meeting still puzzles me. The other is the Edge Enhancement. Not a factor some of the time, but believe me on a front projector it is very distracting and pulls me out. In fact, I prefer the noisy but more natural looking laserdisc for the image.

You realize Van Ling still denies up and down that any EE was added to the TPM and he says people are seeing something else mistaken for EE. He was in on the transfer process on that one as still maintains no EE was added whatsoever, as he said in an online chat a few years ago.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well I'd like Van Ling to explain why whatever he calls it is ALOT less on the R2 PAL disc which I recently got and is not on the trailer on the same disc. Maybe he should check out Bjoern's site re: this...

Give me a better transfer, digital Yoda and maybe trim a few "yippees" and some Jar Jar stupidity and fart jokes and I'd be happy. And I'd buy it again.

:) d

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Whoa. Great picture.

Amazing how different the eyes are...I think that might account for most of the weirdness of TPM Yoda.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Thanks Bill. Wow, that's quite nice. I still won't ever purchase TPM, but that's impressive nonetheless.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Maybe I'm calling it the wrong thing but along objects there is shadowy area that looks like you're watching a 3-D film without 3-D glasses. A bit of overexaggeration but not much.

The digital Yoda looks awesome though! :)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Chris. The eyes REALLY make TPM Yoda look f***ed up. The ears, nose and mouth are also pretty bad when you look at the pics closely, but the eyes are definitely the weirdest looking part of that puppet.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Oh boy. I just had a thought that Lucas will go back through ESB and ROTJ and replace Yoda in a similiar fashion.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'd still say it's a very safe bet that changing Yoda in Empire and Jedi will NEVER happen.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Well I certainly hope not but, as a SW fan, I must never rule anything out. I also never thought I'd see my favorite trilogy made worse one day, but that's another topic for another day.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I think the fact that the Yoda puppet in "Phantom looked cross-eyed is what spooked me. Like Yoda's in-bred cousin Soda....

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Another point on the TPM Yoda puppet: they mave have tried to make him look "younger" and gone a bit overboard in that regard. Who knows?

John Simon

Second Unit
ComingSoon has posted a new press release from Fox Entertainment, which you can read here. Some stuff is a rehash, but there's more detail on the documentary "Within a Minute". And, more importantly, there's confirmation that a highly-anticipated deleted scene will be included. (Just in case it's a spoiler to some people still, I'll black it out).

"The deleted scenes include one that fans have been waiting a long time to see, one that shows Yoda arriving on the swamp-planet of Dagobah, where Luke Skywalker meets him in 'The Empire Strikes Back,'" Ward said. "George worked with Industrial Light & Magic and Episode III Producer Rick McCallum to finish most of these scenes with complete visual effects and sound design, and they bring a new perspective to the movie."

:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Darth First from MillenniumFalcon.com has the DVD and has listed the deleted scenes:

Shaak Ti killed by Grievous
Rebellion meeting in Bail's office
Rebellion meeting in Padme's apartment
Rebellion confront Palpatine
A Plot to destroy the Jedi (as referred to on Hyperspace)
Exiled to Dagobah (YES it's true!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks