What's new

***Official CABIN FEVER Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Pretty hot but not nearly as hot as Cerina Vincent :)
Well that's obvious considering how Cerina is one of the two hottest women on the planet.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

ChipPa

Auditioning
My brother and I laughed throughout this movie on how bad it was. It failed to be scary or even gross me out (ok, maybe with exception of the shaving scene).

I couldn't help to think, however, how much better this movie would be if we replaced this cast with the cast of Friends. Their show is almost over, might as well kill them off right?

Imagine Ross’s reaction to setting that hobo on fire or Joey getting bit by the ‘pancakes’ kid. Monica would freak the hell out when her body started blistering. The look on Chandler’s face when he falls onto the dead body would be comical. Phoebe would definitely get hers with the screwdriver. Plus, we would get to see Rachel’s breasts.

Now that would be a good horror flick.
:D

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'm watching this on a double-bill with May (giving the AFI and S&S Challenges a rest ;) ). I'll tell you all how May ends up.

Oh yeah, :emoji_thumbsup: to Cabin Fever. Imagine a very thin wall, and you're walking across it. You fall into one side. You climb back up to get back on top of the wall only to fall on the other side. That's pretty much Cabin Fever. And I think it's intentionally done.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Roth is one of those people who laughs at horror films for how ridiculous they are but isn't above being startled here and there. Cabin Fever is a gross-out/horror film parody. He loves the genre for the fun of its sheer absurdity. Again, I agree that the film was mismarketed and the reason for that is pretty obvious. The audiences of today don't know how to recognize parody unless they're hit over the head with it like Airplane!. Roth knows his films, he's a walking encyclopedia of film technique and can rattle off who did what where and when. He knew precisely what he was doing and believe me, nothing in Cabin Fever isn't part of his intended vision. It's subtle in some places, outrageous in others-- and it throws in a few shocks to stay in the style of the genre. It is, however, a parody.

Yes, I've known him since way back when and the only reason I mention it is to clarify why I know what I do.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
After seeing Club Dread recently, I have to say that I now think Jordan is just as gorgeous as Cerina, if not moreso.

I'm really pleased to see you liked this gem, Dome. Hopefully you'll wind up liking May as well.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I just realized it took me half a year to getting around to doing something. Must be a new record. Then again, I told myself I'd buy Rashomon a year and a half ago.

Well, it sucks when you've taken the MCAT twice and have to take a it a third time. That's why there's no Spring Break for me. But misery has company though. Time to visit some friends that have stuck around. :)

RE: Cabin Fever

Anywho, I thought the box had shotgun shells. And the pancakes kid is fucking hilarious.

I guess the reason why I like Cabin Fever so much is that it's very rare in the horror genre you'll not have pretentiousness. That's a problem I have with horror and artsy fartsy pictures.

BTW, I finished May this past afternoon after the game, and man is it touching. Kind of reminds me of the things I learned in biology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks