What's new

***Official Buffy Box Set Season 1 - 7 Discussion Thread (Spoilers ahoy!)*** (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
You have much to look forward to.
..and Im so looking forward to it.
I dont know if I can go on without my dear Miss Calendar. You guys dont understand, I am the emotional and sexual slave of Robia LaMorte. I adore the woman and worship the ground she walks on (and her wonderful....assets).:D
Ill have to find a way. I've been bitten with the Buffy bug and I cant get enough.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Romier,
Yeah, I was really disappointed when Angel killed Jenny. I loved her character and she was vvvvveeeeerrrrryyyyyyy easy on the eyes. :)
I cannot wait for Season 3. I am refusing to watch anything on F/X or the new episodes, since I have only seen the 1st two seasons.
I do have a question for the longtime Buffy fans. Is the "Wish" episode during Season 3? Where
Cordy wishes that Buffy never came to Sunnydale, and Xander and Willow are vamps
I caught that episode on F/X and that was basically the one that got me to watch the series. That episode is so damn good, it is not even funny.
-Dean-

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Yes, that's what happened in The Wish. I always thought that one was overrated but it's a hugely popular episode :)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The Wish. I always thought that one was overrated but it's a hugely popular episode
It gave us Anya. Sure, not the Season 4 Anya who would become my favorite character, but one can't help but at least be grateful to the episode for that, even if it struck me (at the time) as above-average pandering to the "dark == cool" crowd.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Overrated? Maybe once I see it within the context of the entire show, I may feel the same way, but it wasn't the dark=cool thing that I liked about it....
I really liked seeing the aspect of the vampires running the town, where everyone in Sunnydale knows not to go out at night, or they die.

-Dean-

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The more I watch Dead Man's Party, the more I become convinced Pat had designs on Buffy's mom. Anyone else agree?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Everyone else raise your hand if "Ew"

j/k

It's possible it came off that way I do agree.

"Do you want to speak to my mom? MOM!!!"

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Loving Season 3. The Band Candy episode was pure fun. Wish is still a great episode. It had the best "dusting" effects out of all the episodes I've seen so far. Also loved the Gingerbread Man episode. The witch hunt was great. I'm on disc 4 now. So far I'd say Season 3 is just as good as Season 2, if not better. I haven't seen an episode yet that topped the Final 2 from Season 2.

-Dean-

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I am also on disc 4 of season 3, and I have a question about Angel (the series). I see S1 of Angel is about to come out on DVD, and was wondering some things:

1) When did the "Angel" series spinoff? The end of S3 of Buffy?

2) Do I need to watch "Angel" in order to keep up with everything in the "Buffy" world? Do the characters of each series make appearances on each others' shows?

3) In general, is "Angel" a really good show on its own?

Please don't put any spoilers in when answering, as I am still only part-way thru S3 of Buffy, and don't want to know what will happen in the future.

Thanks,
Scott

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
2) Do I need to watch "Angel" in order to keep up with everything in the "Buffy" world? Do the characters of each series make appearances on each others' shows?
Yes they do, but after season 1 they seperate a lot, in season 3 they almost totally split. Buffy Season 4 and 5,and Angel Season 1,2 aired on the same night. Really only with AS1 do you need to watch interchangeably with Angel. If you choose to watch Angel when it comes out in a few weeks, there are several episodes to avoid due to spoilers

In the Dark
I will remember you
Five By Five
Sanctuary

Are the crossover eps. Be aware that future eps may refer back to them as well.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
If you don't want to wait for season 4 of buffy, I'd suggest at least reading some plot details for 4.03, 4.15, 4.16 on Buffy, just so you can understand about ANGEL.

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the info, guys. So could I get Buffy S4 (assuming I buy it non-R1) and then watch them in lock-step, one ep. of Buffy, then one ep. of Angel, etc, etc, and keep it all in sync? Or were they not ordered like that?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
One after another.
Buffy - Angel
4.01 - 1.01
4.02 - 1.02
in sync. :)
I would wait for R1 season 4 though, it's got a Seth Green commentary not seen in other regions...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks