What's new

***Official Blu-ray insiders thread (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I was content to wait a few months and not pay $30-$40 for it. Plus there's a chance we'll ge more content on the Sony release.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer

I have it, it's pretty good but I have the feeling a Sony release would be better. Speaking of imports, I just ordered Mel Brooks The Producers blu-ray from Japan (the new musical not the first movie). I am excited, PCM and a high bit rate.

John Pannozzi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Francis Pannozzi
1) Does Warner Bros. have any solid plans to release Gremlins and Gremlins 2: The New Batch on Blu-ray? If the rumored unsold cartoon pilot "Gizmo and the Gremlins" really does exists and is available, then I really want it to be included as an extra, along with more deleted scenes (I want to see the scene in the first movie where the mogwai walk past the parents' room and then turn into furry balls and bounce down the stairs luring Billy's dog Barney outside, as well as Mr. Wing's funeral in the second movie), and extensive documentaries very much like "Unleash the Beast" from the Howling Special Edition (not WB, but still an excellant documentary of a film that was also directed by Joe Dante).

2) Any plans for any classic animation (or any animation beyond recent theatrical films) from Warner Bros.?

3) Will Japanese studios like Toho, Toei, and Kadokawa-Herald Pictures be releasing any of their classic (as well as more recent) tokusatsu (special effects) and Kaijuu (strange, monsterous beasts) films and TV series on Blu-ray in the forseeable future, even if only in Japan?

That's all for now.

Abel1337

Grip
Real Name
James Maureen
I am getting a blu-ray this holiday season! anyone know a good place to shop for it online or locally? I live in Fl

BigDaddyRaymond

Auditioning
Real Name
Ray
I heard the PS3 was the best way to go because of the processor in it. Is it true that the PS3 is the best BR player out?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks