What's new

*** Official BLADE TRINITY Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Moderately entertaining but quite disappointing compared to the first two films. Just the thinnest of plots (was there one?), lots of one-liners, and Goyer's fetish of extreme close-ups of snarling, hissing vampires.

Oh, and the vampire Pomeranean was just too much. :rolleyes

A rather disappointing finale for the trilogy.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I thought this movie was alright, but didn't have the "vibe" that the first two had. To me, it almost felt like American Pie -- HEAR ME OUT! Hear me out! The first American Pie was really funny, the second was funny too, but relied on gimmicks (like getting peed on) to sell the movie. The third, American Wedding, just really wasn't that great, it had some funny scenes (like Stifler dancing in the gay bar) that really didn't fit with the mood or development that the first two had -- exactly how I felt about Trinity.

I liked the humor, thought that King was hilarious and made the movie. Thought the action and effects were alright, but didn't even touch the excitement that I had during the first one's rave scene. Storywise, this movie was a piece of garbage, since this is a discussion thread, it's spoilers away, here's a list of the things I didn't like:

1 - Why did they resurrect Dracula again? Was that ever truly set? OK, vampires want to walk in the light... again... so they resurrect the original Dracula, who is OK with helping them, even though he went into hibernation to avoid the dilutement of the vampire race. Um, OK.

2 - Dracula is a total huge badass looking guy, who decides to take the form of a male model. Um, OK.

3 - Not much backstory on the Nightstalkers. The blind girl (American Pie 6-degrees there, fellas) is the computer wiz. Cool, I know blind chicks use computers, but how does she read and know what's on all the pages and receipts she shows everyone. Wouldn't she need it to print in a braile text or dictate what's on screen?

4 - What happened to blind girls kid? Whistler's daughter saves her and tells her to take off, but when Whistler's daughter and King meet up with Blade's seemingly lifeless body, the daughter isn't around. Shouldn't they have built that up a little better, or involved her in the climax? Also, I'm supposed to believe that Dracula is going to be OK with the little girl talking all that shit and not bite her on the neck to get back at the heroes?

5 - Triple H is one bad, bad actor. I felt like I was watching a wrestling promo everytime he was onscreen. Not to mention he kept mugging for the camera with the "tough look". Thank god they aren't making that Conan movie with him.

So yeah, all and all, not that impressed. I have more gripes, but those were the top 5. All said though, I'll probably still buy it on DVD just for King and a potential added half hour.

Doug

ChrisOlson

Auditioning
How totally un-entertaining.
Every vampire death scene consisted of a shower of sparks.
Indeed, it was funny, but I didn't go to see a comedy!

I loved the first 2..this one is a mess.

..oh..and what kind of "end battle" was that!?

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
as a new expression for whore.

So, highly-trained buff humans can hold their own against vampires. Still makes more sense than Doc Ock not getting his head crushed when Spider-Man punched him in the head repeatedly.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I don't know. The movie for me was OK but nowhere near as good as the first two. Something about it just didn't feel right.

First of all, they have the nerve to kill Whistler in the first few minutes???? And he gets killed by the FBI??? WTF?

The vampires are just not intimidating anymore. And I agree with you guys. They are supposed to be faster and stronger. That's why Blade is our only hope. That's what made the first one so good. Because humans were hopeless without him. Remember how fast Frost grabbed that child when he was teasing Blade out in the sun? That was scary fast. But now humans are kicking the crap out of them? WTF?

And don't get me started on Dracula. The original vampire. The baddest of them all. And he runs away from Blade? Granted, he did it on purpose to test Blade. See how good he was. But why not do it the other way around. Kick Blade's ass from the beginning to the point where Blade has to run away, lick his wounds and come back with a vengance.

And the actor chosen to portray Dracula. Come on. I liked the guy in "John Doe" but he's no bad ass vampire. Plus the final fight was pretty short, with no excitement. It felt rushed.

The main villain here was just non-existent. He was no Frost, that's for sure! And he was no reaper. Good concept but very poor execution.

But the movie did have some good moments. Hannibal King was a riot and he made most of the movie. Also, Blade himself seems to be in a lighter mood, acting more black, throwing ebonics out there and I loved that.
The fight scenes were real good (Jessica Biel could've used a few more martial arts lessons though) and the special effects, camera angles and soundtrack were kickin'.

Fine movie but the trilogy could've gone out with a bigger bang.

George See

Second Unit
I really thought they should have killed blade off by the virus for the ending
that ending would have elevated the movie up several notchs for me. Other then that I won't complain, I was entertained by the movie. I didn't expect to see the Return of the King of the blade series so to speak, my expectations were to see Blade kill some vampires and look cool doing it. I was satisfied with the movie.

PatH

Second Unit
Was the keyboard the blind scientist used real of just movies magic? I didn't know whether to post this or or on he Computer forum.:)

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
The first two directors had an extreme visual flair, and a strong command of the action sequences. They also seemed to have polished up the script before shooting. None of that is evident here. Goyer uses a bland, washed out look for the film, which comes nowhere near the gothic style of the previous films. The vampires this time around aren't threatening at all, and don't carry the weight Frost had or the creepiness of the Reapers. The entire Dracula plot was ridiculous, and the scenes of him walking through the city streets while the rest of the ppl were sped up was terrible. And the ending had no big bang before the end credits, like the previous films. Major disappointment.:thumbsdown:

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Saw this yesterday and....wow. I hope the franchise doesn't end on this crap.

I'm a huge Blade fan (my Sword of the Daywalker on my TV proves it :)) and I was extremely disappointed by this film. Talk about boring. Goyer can NOT film action. I wish he didn't go with the obvious villian Dracula who wasn't evil at all for the "ultimate vampire". All I kept thinking was "the main baddie is John Doe??" and "Man I really miss John Doe." If they do get to do another one I hope they get Del Toro back.

Actually he killed himself.

James T

Screenwriter

You sound like Tom Cruise in Collateral. The Feds shot him with a shotgun. If he didn't set off the explosives, he would have died from the shotgun wound.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Despite, the popular rumor, that this would be the last Blade film, it sure seems like this was an effort to reinvent the series for a new run.

Del Toro wanted to do one that was set way in the future didn't he? Since he seemed to think Blade didn't age like a human (although we were told he did in the first movie.)

If they wanted to keep the new blood, they couldn't go too far into the future for the next movie. Maybe 10, 15 tops. I mean, how old can they make Jessica Biel look?

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Actually I read somewhere that plans are to give Whistler's daughter and Hannibal King their own spin-off.

The article I read said that Wesley Snipes was not really up to making more Blade sequels. He fought with Goyer throughout most of the production and almost went to fists.

There's "bad blood" somewhere (pun intented).

CoreyII

Second Unit
Finally got around to seeing "Trinity" and I wasn't impressed at all. But I had a gut feeling this film wasn't going to be that great. I don't know if this question has been posted by anyone else on the forum, but how is it that Abigail being that she is human could hold her own against super-humans(vampires). In Blade's case it's understandable since he has thier powers, but there was never any mention of Abigail being half human/ half vampire. To me its just another piss poor exmaple of Hollywood trying incorporate girl power into a film.

Oh well, I did dig Parker Posey as Danica Taolos, female vampires are so sexy.

By the way who the hell was the camera-person and editor on Blade: Trinity, the same clowns who worked on Bourne Supremacy? I am so sick and tired of rapid-fire editing and shakey camera work. Where's Janusz Kaminsky(Speilberg's Director of Photography) when you need him?

Well, anyway I at least got two good Blade films out of the supposedly three films. I will probably wind owning Trinity anyway when it hits DVD, but I 'll probably purchase it used.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
It's Andres, Corey, not Andrew.

I mean just what I said Corey. I don't know if it was in the script or maybe Snipes felt a lot more comfortable in the role but in this movie he expressed himself differently than in the other two. I don't recall hearing him say "mother f..cker" in the previous two movies or the way he said it. And it wasn't just that, it was his mannerisms as well.

Don't read to much into my comment though. It's just an observation.

CoreyII

Second Unit
?

Well Andres how am I supposed to read into your comment?

Sorry, but when you post statements that indicate to be more black means one has to speak ebonics I have an issue with that. I know plenty of African Americas who speak proper english and they are just as black as Wesley Snipes.

If Ryan Reynolds or Jessica Beil were to start saying motherf..cker would you say they're speaking ebonics or just plain old cursing.

But you know Andres, I've been on this forum long enough to know where this discussion is heading. You'll come back to defend your position as not being a racist statement, then you'll reiterate to me not to read too much into your statement and that Im too sensitive or defensive.

This will of course prompt other forum members to join in on the discussion with a good number of people defending you and probably a good number of members understanding my point of view. The discussion will go from one about the film itself to one about the perceptions and stereotypes of minorities in film. This will of course bring down the wrath of either Epstein or Crawdaddy or whoever the forum monitor is at that particular moment.

With that in mind I will respectfully not engage this issue any further but I will end by saying this, Wesley Snipes has said the word "Motherf..cker before in the Blade films. As a matter of fact he says it early in Blade I when the Security Guards shoot at him at the hospital.

Travis

Second Unit
I'll also add to the list of very disappointed people. I loved the first Blade and it went downhill from there. It seems like all of the tension was taken out of the movie, like they couldn't decide if they wanted a sinister action movie or a comedy. Reynolds should have stayed with movies like Van Wilder, not a vampire flick. I also agree that the "main" vampire was pretty pathetic. It was kind of like Underworld. The whole movie they talk about this super vampire/werewolf that is supposed to be the end all super species. Then he gets his ass kicked by a "normal" vampire and has to have Selena save his ass. The whole plot in Blade never really comes together. It was like they rushed putting it together to have it out by a certain time. A definite wait to rent flick.:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: Biel was easy on the eyes though. :D

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Lighten up please. It's not what was said, it's how it was said. I liked that Blade was not so uptight like in the other two movies. But whatever, I don't wanna discuss this any further either. Like I said, it was just an observation and there's no need to read to much into it.

Travis, at first I was thinking the same thing about Reynolds sticking to the Van Wilder type of movies.

But a day after seeing the movie, I grew to appreciate his humor in Blade: Trinity. It made the movie more enjoyable, IMO.

James T

Screenwriter

I heard something like that too. And it wasn't just Goyer, it was the whole cast. When HHH joined the cast, the producers told him that Snipes' mood was because he always wanted to remain in character. Then Snipes accidently hit HHH and Snipes wouldn't stop apologizing. HHH said in an interview that he was probably the only one treated differently because he's 6'4 and 300 pounds of muscle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks