What's new

***Official Big Brother 3 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am not surprised. Danielle was very manipulative and the house guests finally saw that when they got out. Also, like my wife said. People were tired of her hearing that she needs the money for her family. Please, I am sure a lot of people on the show need the money.

Jim J

Second Unit
agreed on the whole 'my family needs money' with Dani.

Did I see a big screen in her house? Can't be doin' too bad. Besides from her big, uhm, well, maybe they're real.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Did I see a big screen in her house? Can't be doin' too bad. Besides from her big, uhm, well, maybe they're real.
She's already said they are fake.
I'll wager she and her husband have more money than 3/4 of the players. I can't stand seeing well-off people whine that they need to win money.
I am SOOOOOOOO glad Danielle did not win. Watching it all blow up in her face (including her last-ditch attempts at reverse psychology) was pure poetry.
You can tell she is kicking herself. :)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
What surprised me was the lopsided vote. I thought at least a few of the players would have voted for Dani based on her "playing of the game". I'm glad Lisa won though.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Am I the only one who thought that there was some kind of collusion going on between the contestants (besides Jason that is)? Particularly when Josh threw his key up and said "Yes, I did it! I voted for Lisa!". Don't mean to be conspiratorial, but it just seemed odd that no one else voted for Danielle (Amy had previously said she wanted her to win, Josh was saying throughout the whole show that she played the best game, etc.). I know these shows always do that (set you up for one thing so that you are surpirsed when the result is different), but 9-1 was awfully lopsided...

Well, that's exactly the point of the game and she did it better than anyone else I've seen so far.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who thought that there was some kind of collusion going on between the contestants (besides Jason that is)? Particularly when Josh threw his key up and said "Yes, I did it! I voted for Lisa!". Don't mean to be conspiratorial, but it just seemed odd that no one else voted for Danielle (Amy had previously said she wanted her to win, Josh was saying throughout the whole show that she played the best game, etc.). I know these shows always do that (set you up for one thing so that you are surpirsed when the result is different), but 9-1 was awfully lopsided...
Danielle was a lot more critical of other contestants personalities and habits in the Diary Room. The Jury got to go home and watch the current and previous episodes on tape.

I think her Diary Room behavior, not her game strategy, had a lot more to do with how she ended up with so many against her.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I am so glad Lisa won. To say that she was just lucky is insane. She was always playing the game and really kicked it into overdrive after Eric left. She just played the game with more class than Danielle. I do think the fact that Lisa didn't take the money so that everyone could have a phone call played a big part in turning some of the votes. I agree that Danielle played the game great if the goal was to get to the final two, but she didn't have a chance to win. I didn't think it would be the landslide that it was. I thought that at least some of the players would give it to Danielle because of pure game play. But even Josh, who talked about how great she played the game, gave his vote to Lisa. Under the radar or not Lisa did play the game and kicked ass when she had to for HOH. I think bringing Danielle with her was the best choice as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Dani had the inside game strategy thought out very well, but her outside game management was atrocious. Dani reaped what she sowed in the BB house. Dani's DR entries did her in.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If it wasn't for the fact that Lisa got through the game by keeping her word and being a good person, Danielle would have won.

Last year, Nicole kicked Hardy out at the end because she thought she had a better chance of beating Will. Had she not done that, she might have won. This year, Lisa HAD to kick out Jason because of her agreement with Danielle, so she didn't do it to give herself a better chance of winning. The fact that she could keep her word at the end and also put herself in a good position helped her a LOT.

I would have voted for Danielle. Did she lie and piss people off? Yes, but only when they got out of the house. Those people didn't see through the lies, and that's their fault and to Danielle/Jason's credit.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I would have voted for Danielle. Did she lie and piss people off? Yes, but only when they got out of the house. Those people didn't see through the lies, and that's their fault and to Danielle/Jason's credit.
Lying is one thing. Being petty is another.

Danielle could have kept her personal opinions about the other houseguests to herself. She should have.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think a few of the evictees thought that Lisa was the one with principles when she was the only one that didn't take the money (giving everyone a shot at a phone call from family). That move also raised Lisa's stock in the eyes of the jury.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
It would be really nice to see Lisa on TV in the future. Hope things go well for this fine example of a woman.:emoji_thumbsup:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Danielle could have kept her personal opinions about the other houseguests to herself. She should have
I think the others shouldn't have gotten so pissed off about it. If I watch TV and I see someone who looks like a stripper, comes off as a whore, or is just plain annoying, I'm going to think that about that person and possibly express my opinions to someone else. It's what people do. If anything, the people who were in the house and were insulted by the fact that Danielle called them names and manipulated them should look at what she did and take it as something to think about. If someone who has never met you before can take your personality, strip it apart, and take advantage of you, you've got problems, not them.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Danielle is a better person outside of the house than she was inside. She played the game, regardless of how you look at it, for the WHOLE game. Lisa didn't start playing that seriously until Eric got kicked out, and even then she only got to the final 3 because Danielle and Jason brought her along. Granted, her personality helped her a lot, but she still was, as I see it, quite a weak player.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
If someone who has never met me before takes my personality, strips it apart, and takes advantage of me, they aren't anyone I care to know. I could respect it if it was part of a strategy to win the game, but that doesn't mean I would have to like it. The game as I see it had to be played inside and outside the house. If you say things about someone who has been evicted or about any of the other players in the DR then that is just bad game play IMHO. If you are still in the house at any given time then you have "played" the game well up to that point.

What Danielle did was lie and cheat her way to the final two using Jason to do her dirty work. How this is strong game play escapes me. She then bailed on him in the first of the final HOH competitions by cutting a deal with Lisa. Then she threw the second competition knowing that she would most likely make it to the final two either way. The final thing she did was look like a fool when everyone except Jason voted against her.

It is easy to say how the evicted house guests should have felt/voted from the comfort of a lazy-boy. The only way to really know how you would feel at the end is to have played the game. But from my comfy couch I can certainly say that I would have a hard time voting for someone that spent countless hours talking out their ass about me being the devil.

And BTW, I would say the player that won is the strongest player.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget that Lisa had that bug bite in the early weeks of the game, so she was laying low (laying in bed resting for days on end) for quite a while until Gerry put her and Eric up on the chopping block.
What's sort of sad is that I think we've seen the end of the trash talking by any serious player in BB because it's obvious that the jury takes the DR comments very seriously (whether they should or shouldn't is another debate), and this casts a pall on someone's gameplay inside the house.
But I do enjoy the trash talking (it's like a verbal trainwreck that you can't take your eyes and ears off of it) from the DR (and you know the BB producers live for this sort of stuff), but as a player in the game, we'll see more Roddy types (with a bit more flexibility in their lying with less gloating when they do lie, and more humility when they do lie and confess in the DR).
Also, BB took away Will's other secret weapon: the ability to sing and hum songs while suppressing his anger towards the other houseguests. Will was always able to find that right song to fit the moment and the houseguest's action/reaction and used it for his mental health inside the house. In BB3, the houseguests were discouraged by BB to not sing or hum songs because of the liability in having to pay royalties for those songs that were sung or hummed in prime time or on the live feeds.
Not having emotional outlets like singing did hamper some of the houseguests who like to do that sort of thing, and it made for a more feistier house at certain points in the game.
While Jason probably had the right gameplan (being angelic), he wasn't smart enough nor strong enough mentally to outlast the 2 women at the end in the final HoH comp. Note to the next group of houseguests: if you're a male, boot the women out first! :D

BobV

Second Unit
Since this is the end of BB3 I just have to make a couple 'lil comments and observations...
Marcellas makes we want to puke. Sorry :).
What an egotistical, hypocritical, bag of putrid bile. The guy is so full of himself it's not even funny, yet he sees himself as this angelic creation. He is incredibly critical of other people, placing himself morally above them, yet in doing that, his own corruptness shines through. Even in his fatal decision of not using the golden veto, the only reason why he didn't is because he wanted to look and act superior, imo (oh, and because he thought he had it locked up anyways, but shhhh).
As Jason intoned during the final show when trying to convince them of voting for Dani, they all were petty and mean at points, they all said things they probably regretted, no one was above it all. Ironically, the one who could maybe claim that (besides possibly Lisa) has to be the voice of reason to explain that fact. When Marcellas got up in a huff and moved directly away from Jason I felt like giving Marcellas a slap upside the head through my telly. It amazes me how people point the finger at everyone else, and yet don't see that they were exactly the same as the one they're pointing at. The contestants take this 'morality play' way too seriously, so seriously that they judge a person, even out of the house, based on their actions in a game... sheesh, don't every play poker with these bunches, you'll be branded a liar for life because you didn't tell them if you were bluffing.
One more rant ( :) ), Tonya. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck... don't blame people for assuming that.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Aside from the very mean-spirited comments made by Danielle about a good many of the other contestants, I think that a big reason for picking Lisa over her was how easily Danielle sold out the other three for cash.

And how cheaply. At least Jason and Amy held out for a higher offer.

Lisa was the only one of the four remaining, who truly took the other contestant’s feelings and needs into consideration. If it were me, I would have voted for Lisa on that point alone.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
But from my comfy couch I can certainly say that I would have a hard time voting for someone that spent countless hours talking out their ass about me being the devil
I took her calling him the devil as a sign that she saw him as her enemy because he was just as good as her at the game, only better because he didn't need to lie to people. She didn't say it because she hated him, but because he was a HUGE thread. If anything, that's a compliment.

BTW, what he did to Amy when he made her feel horrible for not using the PoV to help him and get herself kicked out, he deserves to be insulted.

I would have voted for Danielle because she was playing the game since it began. Regardless of any excuse, Lisa didn't decide to start playing it until she was almost kicked out of the house. And to tell the truth, it was Danielle who was using Lisa to get others kicked out (like making sure to get her vote to kick out people she didn't like, mainly Chiara at one point). Lisa wasn't, as I see it, playing the game as much as Danielle, Jason, and possibly even Marcellas.

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator
Lisa's victory reminds me a little of BB1 when Eddie took it all.Lay low on all the inhouse politics and win HOH when you have to.This year confirmed what we all knew last year,that being that Will was the high water mark for the BB series. Owen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks