What's new

***Official Big Brother 3 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Darn, I have three sources saying BB3 will not be HD: hidefguide.com hdtvgalaxy.com and cbs.com. Still, HDTV Magazine claims it will be... so there is a small amount of hope! Any one have more information on the subject?

Pieter

PaulBoud

Agent
Well, initially the CBS web site had it listed as HD on it's prime time grid. That was yesterday. Today it is showing it as SD only. It must of been a mistake on the the web page. However HDTV magazine appearently had additional info about it being in 720P, so I have no idea where they got that from. I still think that it was just a web page error and it will only be in SD. Rats!!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, Lisa got HOH, so she's basically got a big target on her backside after she makes the 2 nominations to get the boot. But I do enjoy staring at her (she reminds me of a taller/elongated sister of Alanis Morrissette).

I loathe Josh and Amy: 2 jackasses. I hope people either see through Josh's schtick and boot him, or keep him around to come in 2nd place because he rubs most of the people the wrong way, but his lies may be entertaining, but he's no Will from BB2. Amy is flat out stupid and pompous, and her southern schtick already wore thin the 1st day.

Roddy's bit about bible-thumpers was funny in how they kept cutting to Jason, a devout bible reader, as Roddy was slamming them. Roddy seems wrong, but we'll have to see how he can play the game.

I'd be amazed if Jason made it to the final 6, but he's from my home town, so I'm almost obligated to at least hope the best for him.

Chiara might hook up with Eric. Neither do much for me.

Gerry might hang around a bit. He does seem to have that father chip on his shoulder.

Marcellas will most likely get the nomination and the boot just because of his personality and miscalculation from the start. It's one thing to try to underestimate you, it's another to shun them altogether.

Tonya is the MILF this season. Lisa's comment on Tonya's rack being expensive (and making her sad - Lisa not too keen on breast augentation).

Lori may stick around as well, just a gut feeling, hopefully she's savvy.

Danielle is a bit too calculated in her passive aggressive tact she's taking, but I think she did the right thing in leaving the nest so that strategically she would not have the bullseye on her back (bourne of jealousy on the cash prize that builds week to week as long as both partners stay in the house).

BB has some tricks up their sleeves in terms of cracking through alliances (like chill town vs. the ... normal people in BB2) and making each player think they are each on an island, but still needing to rely on the others not to give them the boot.

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Patrick,
Do you see an "official" BB3 thread creation happening or should we post here?
I told myself I wouldn't watch, but like a train wreck and nothing else on TV, Tivo's season pass is enabled :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll just make this one be the official BB3 thread for the summer.

BTW, spoilers on who get nominated by Lisa to get the boot:

Marcellas and Lori

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've been reading the live feed updates, and I can't keep up with who's got an alliance with whom yet (too many combinations going on with 12 in the house). There's almost already a new ChillTown forming.

Hardly anyone trusts Josh (they quit talking strategy whenever he comes into a room).

But as Monica from BB2 was fond of saying: It's Awwnnnn!!!

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Scooter, you da man, keep this up and I'm SURE you'll make it on Big Brother 4!

Speaking of which, I can't imagine giving up to 3 months of my life away from family to be on that show, can anyone here??

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind that some of these people (if not most) are in their late 20s or early 30s, which means that all they're leaving behind are some friends, a job, and maybe a pet. Only the parents in the group are leaving behind families, and in case you didn't notice, they're constantly talking about them, which shows how much they miss them.
I personally would love to go on a show like this, but I would miss the internet, TV, and my dogs too much. I'll see my friends and family again, but season premiers and HTF discussions are one-time deals:D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'd get booted out for being a non-joiner on the first week. My personality would never get me on that show. :)
And I don't know if the HTF mod squad would let me have a 12 week sabatical...
Tonight's show was good in its recap of what's being going on, though they left out a lot of personal stuff (and the sleeping arrangements, like Lisa actually slept outside the HoH room so that she wouldn't be "out of the loop". Lori goes a bit nutty after getting nominated, but calms down when "they" assure her that Marcellas is going home. Lori's very emotional, and she's going to have to keep that in check if she wants to stick around. I would still find it funny if the women figured out a way to boot off all the guys first (they'll probably keep Jason the virgin around for as long as they could, though).
Josh is too stupid to stay on the show in the next 6 weeks (of course, he'll make it to final 3, and someone will dredge up this post to mock my precog abilities).

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
hehe, precog abilities :)
Might as well make an early guess, chances are 1 in 12 now at least :)
I'll vote for Eric right now. No idea why, probably because they haven't focused on him yet, meaning he'll be out next week of course :)
Nothing against gay people, but can't the producers find a gay person that is not so 'gay'? :) Maybe it will come out that the firefighter is gay, that would be a good surprise.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For those who want to know what the BIG CHANGE is in the structure of the game, here's what I've gathered (in spoiler):

There's something called the Veto Challenge which allows the winner of the Veto Challenge to remove someone from nomination, and put someone else up for eviction. This is a cool wrinkle on the game, and from week to week, 3 people are up to the boot, and no one can feel safe for the whole week after the initial nominations. The current vibe is that if (among Lisa, Eric, Tonya, Chiara) one of them gets Veto power, they will put remove Marcellas and put Gerry up for nomination, and then work to get Gerry the boot because they don't like the way he thinks he's running the show "behind the scenes".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There are so many little subgroups, but there's one main one called "The Six" which comprises of Lisa, Josh, Eric, Roddy, Chiara, and Tonya. Gerry thinks he's in another alliance with Josh, but keeps saying that Gerry is an easy vote to control, a pawn. They want Marcellas out first, and then Jason, and are not too crazy about Danielle or Amy.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I got very upset last night. Josh just gave such good ammunition for all the anti-semetic people out there. When you watch him be the ultimate coniver and backstabber. And then talk to the Lori and then swears on his Judaism that he is being truthfull with her. Now, don't get me wrong I am not that religious and I know the game is about being decitful and trying to advance yourself. But, I can just see some people out their seeing him swear on his religion and then saying see that the jewish guy is just like all stereotypes we have had to live with for the longest time. But, other than that. I agree you have to be a snake at this game and he is definitely not as good a being a backstabber like Will was last year.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I want someone to emerge as a good "Will" character. He was funny, mean, sly, and was probably the most entertaining reality show contestant ever.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
After reading Patricks spoiler I don't think I'm going to like the new big change. But I guess I'll wait and see how it turns out.

Oh yeah, when do they show clips from the previous BB members about how their doing now?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks