What's new

Official Best Buy/Fox Demo Disc #1 Giveaway Thread (1 Viewer)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
To everyone who didn't make the first wave, and has been e-mailing me and replying to this thread, please just hold tight and wait until Wave 2, which will probably be next week sometime.
I am not going to add anyone who didn't make the cut this time into Wave 2 automatically--no leftovers--it will be the same as this time: I'll post that I'm ready for the next ten people, and then I'll take the first ten people that both reply to this thread and e-mail me their address.
Without giving a specific number, I will stress that I have plenty of copies to go around, and should be able to get one to everybody who wants one. I will probably be doing this giveaway for the next six to eight weeks, if it goes well and the interest is still there.
Thanks for your patience,
-mwb-

Chauncey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chauncey
I picked one up at the Best Buy in Dublin, California yesterday (11/29). They still had a few copies on the shelf. It was free. I don't know if you have to purchase anything to get it, but I did purchase another DVD.

Good Luck,

I still havent recieved it and i emailed him a couple times on an update of the situation. last message he sent me was dated dec 7th and said he recieved everyones money and shipped it out that day (dec 7th) well still havent recived it nor has he replied to numerous emails. did anyone recieve it? i thought i could trust people on this fine board but it looked like i was wrong. o well it was only 5 bucks. please anyone reply and tell me if they got it. thanks

Mike Wolert

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Guys,
I currently have 5 extra copies of this Fox demo as well. I'd be happy to provide them to anyone who needs one if you're interested in covering shipping cost of $5.
I'd give pref to overseas members who can't get them at all (and of course, would have to increase shipping cost) and give pref to veteran members of the HTF.
If anyone did get on Wave 1 / Wave 2- feel free to **email me**.
Just out of curiousity, what's on that disc?
Video Demo clips, Audio Demo clips, SE Features Clips, A trailer for the Upcoming Ice Age.
Basically they go through and show short snippets from their "better video transfers": Edward Scissorhands, Xmen, LOTM, Entrapment, a few others... then their "better audio": Titan AE, others... and show clips from their "better special editions": Cast Away, ID4, Planet of the Apes...
There is also a text explaination of widescreen from thedigitalbits (if only they would use the 2 minute animated version I made 2 years ago!) and some other little things.
Vince

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Vince,

Could I get a copy from you? I was driving back home to Florida from Virginia and didn't get a chance to hit Best Buy on that Friday.

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
Vince,
I only see three responses to your post, so I'll shoot you an e-mail. I was there, but no one at this BB knew anything about it.
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

DVD, oh check with the guy at the door...

DVD, oh go look in the DVD section...
:confused:
DVD, huh? What DVD?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

GaryEA

Second Unit
Hi Vince,

I missed out on both waves, as well as the BB offer (they had no idea what I was talking about). My email is on the way. Thanks!

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks