1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official BATMAN BEGINS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Todd H, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    Up to 85% at RottenTomatoes.com. Looks like this is going to finally be the Batman film a lot of us were waiting for.

2. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Saw HBOs making of today. Looks great.

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

That's sort of a "phew" though. The only other one who needs to come back is Michael Caine, now, cast wise. I doubt they wouldn't bring Nolan back unless he doesn't want to come back (in which case it probably wouldn't be a good idea for him to phone it in anyway)

4. Calvin_Su

Calvin_Su Stunt Coordinator

Michael Cane and Katie Holmes both said they would be interested in doing a sequel.

5. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    though I admit they could do it without this individual, though I wouldn't like it.

6. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

I love that they have such a stellar cast for the film, but I am worried about continuity for secondary characters such as Falcone and Fox.

Seeing it Wednesday night - going to be a long 60 hours....

EDIT: By "continuity," I just meant having the same actors play the roles in any sequels. Wasn't sure if that was clear in my original text.

7. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

if the sequel didn't bring back Freeman and Oldman, i would get the impression they were skating on goodwill from the first film, and not really interested in maintaining that films integrity.
    both have fairly substantial relationships (of sorts) with this Batman/Bruce Wayne.

8. Richard_D_Ramirez

Richard_D_Ramirez Second Unit

You mean, like what happened to Harvey Dent? I was kind of bummed when Tommy Lee Jones showed up for the role in Batman Forever. Although kind of dull in Batman, It would have been interesting to see what Billy Dee Williams would do with the role...

8^B

9. Michael Martin

Yes, and, well, what they did with the title character. [​IMG] But, yes, I was thinking more about the roles of Gordon, Fox, and Falcone. I know that Oldman is signed for a sequel, and I suppose they could easily replace Fox's character with an underling with a minimum of fuss.

But Wilkerson's a great actor, and from the clip on Yahoo, brings a weight to the role I'd like to see reprised. Same for Freeman. I understand that there are many, many factors that can impact an actor's willingness and availability, but I am hoping for as much continuity as possible.

10. DustinLC

DustinLC Supporting Actor

What? I didn't even know about this.

I was annoyed that Batman changed face twice!

11. DustinLC

DustinLC Supporting Actor

If that's true, I don't think I'll be alive to see such a movie with the rate at which they are produced [​IMG].

12. Evan Case

Evan Case Screenwriter

Four stars from Ebert.

I haven't read the review, but it's obviously a glowing one.

I'm not really anti-spoiler in regards to this film, but as I haven't kept up with any of the plot details thus far (only caught the trailer before ROTS), I figure I can hold out a little while longer until it comes out.

Evan

13. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

I skipped around in the review to remain spoiler free as well. Here's Ebert's last comment:

Can't wait til 6:50 tomorrow. I think I am anticipating this more than I was Revenge of the Sith.

14. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    I can't say I'm waiting for it MORE. But I am more excited about it. SW always draws a Pavlovian response from me. An urge, even if I didn't like the last one.

Batman Begins actually reminds me of my feelings about TTT and ROTK. Patient and excited.

I was considering a midnight movie...I'm not certain. If not, I'll see it tomorrow afternoon. Either way, I am VERY excited.

Take care,
    Chuck

15. Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins Producer

Man, I know NOTHING about this movie (thanks to the ROTS build-up) and I am just now able to get excited about it. The early reviews look good; I have no doubt I will enjoy this one quite a bit.

16. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

Same here, spoiler free and ready for tomorrow.

17. Michael Martin

Have my tickets: 7:30 PM Eastern time tomorrow. Like Chuck, I considered the midnight showing, but I've missed a lot of sleep lately, so decided instead to see it a "normal" hour.

18. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Screenwriter

I used to be a spoiler hound for Batman films, but ROTS took all of my spoiler enthusiasm this time around. So I'm actually going to see a Batman film without knowing every detail, and that's a great feeling. I have my tickets for 4:30 tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait!

19. Brad M

Brad M Second Unit

I got to see it last night at the IMAX here in Tulsa. A few random comments: First off, bring on the sequel. I love how it was set up. Liam Neeson was outstanding in his role. Caine, Freeman and Bale also did a very good job. Some of the action seemed to be too zoomed in. You'll love Bruce Wayne. The costume was great. The audience stood and cheered when the movie was over. This was a good test since a local comic book store passed out the tickets. The fans enjoyed it. By the way, the IMAX version is widescreen. It's still big but not reframed. So there are my random thoughts. I look forward to reading comments as more and more people go and see it. Bring on the DVD!!

20. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Still debating whether to hit up the midnight showing tonight. Don't have to go into work until 3:30 tomorrow, so sleeping in isn't a problem. Main concern now is whether I'd sleep through the film. Dark theater, late at night...[​IMG]