1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official AVATAR Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Steve_Tk, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Well-Known Member

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/06/26/james-cameron-will-film-three-avatar-sequels-at-the-same-time
    I'll go on the record of saying this is BS. Three films in a row, this fall? Nope, BS, has to be. But thought I'd show the link regardless.

2. WillG

WillG Well-Known Member

Why BS? All three LOTR movies were shot simultaneously

3. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Well, it's definitely been said by Cameron that he was filming two sequels back-to-back. So either that plan has recently changed to 3 films instead of 2, or there was some sort of misunderstanding / misquote that lead to the report of a fourth film.
    Regardless of how many he does, my hope is that they are standalone stories that fit together into a larger overall naravtive and not just one big movie cut into two (like the Matrix Sequel).

4. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

Last I heard, they were shooting two sequels at the same time but something could have changed. They don't even have a direct quote from Weaver in that article so I assume she misspoke. Maybe she meant to say that "We're going to shoot parts 2 & 3 soon" but accidentally said "We're doing three movies soon".

5. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Well-Known Member

I was saying BS because we haven't heard anything, then all a sudden this "fall" they start shooting 3 films. Fall is a couple months away.

6. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Assuming the Sigourney is in the sequels, I presume she's some sort of spirit, since she did die.

7. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    I figured it would be that, or they could go the route of growing a new avatar body and somehow downloading her conciousness into it from the "planetary hard drive". Kind of a second attempt at what they tried in the first movie.

8. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Yeah, that's a possibility. Though there was no hint of the ability to do a return trip in Avatar. But then, when Navi died, the body was dead and there was no receptacle for a return trip.

9. mattCR

mattCR Well-Known Member
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    But what would prevent them from doing the other way; telling the story of how they found the planet, and how she built the school or whatever?

Actually, I thought part of the storyline was supposed to be to look at what was going on with the other moons, etc and how they were all interconnected somehow

10. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Well-Known Member

Aaron Silverman
    Please, please, ANYTHING but a prequel.

11. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Well-Known Member

John Williamson
    It's not Cameron's style to bother with prequels, from what I know about him after reading his scripts he does not believe in spoon feeding his audience things they were already given background on previously.

12. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Having conquered 3D with Avatar, I trust Cameron will show us how 4D is done on the sequel. And maybe there's hope for finally breaking the 5D wall on the third? Awesome!