What's new

Official 2013 Oscar Nominations Thread (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If there was any logic to it, Best Picture would be the only award they'd give out since, by definition, it would have the best of everything (Acting, Directing, script, effects, music, etc.). There would be no need to give out dozens of individual awards.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
If there was any logic to it, Best Picture would be the only award they'd give out since, by definition, it would have the best of everything (Acting, Directing, script, effects, music, etc.). There would be no need to give out dozens of individual awards.
Not so sure I agree with that. The way I think of it is that the Best Picture is the sum of all the components. The BP winner may not have the best score, or editing etc. over other contenders, but when looked at as a whole it becomes a different story. Looking at it the other way, a film could have had a score, or cinematography etc that blew away all the competition, but as a whole said film just might not be a worthy contender for B.P.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by WillG
Not so sure I agree with that. The way I think of it is that the Best Picture is the sum of all the components. The BP winner may not have the best score, or editing etc. over other contenders, but when looked at as a whole it becomes a different story. Looking at it the other way, a film could have had a score, or cinematography etc that blew away all the competition, but as a whole said film just might not be a worthy contender for B.P.
Agreed. And I think the same can be said for Directing, which is why I never get overly concerned when Picture and Director go to different films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks