What's new

*** Official 2012 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

DakotaSurfer

Agent
Real Name
Michael
That's a good one... drop a nuke into the earth core to fix the problem. Isn't that already in a movie from back when? The visuals were impressive but they'll be just as impressive on a 60" at home. You're right about the Deep Impact with copycat tidal waves and cruise ship that was overturned. How about the scene right before the USS Kennedy slams on top of the White House, from the wrong side. Glover gets up from being covered with ash much like the scene in Volcano. Have all the writers left the building?

bhakuni1234

Auditioning
Real Name
Rhino
2012 is a very nice movie and is directed by a tallented director who has already given Independence day and day after tomorrow kind of most famous movies. In 2009, 2012 has really done good business and attracted many people on theaters.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by bhakuni1234

2012 is a very nice movie and is directed by a tallented director who has already given Independence day and day after tomorrow kind of most famous movies. In 2009, 2012 has really done good business and attracted many people on theaters.
Yep, over $767 million worldwide so far.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I wish they showed more of the Arks and what they find at the end.

I know they are supposedly working on a 2013 tv show that takes place with survivors who were "not" on the Arks. I wonder if it still will happen.

Regarding the story. Yes, its completely far-fetched and at little too long. But, the special effects of the world going to pot were pretty cool.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Watched it again last night for the second time. Still love it, but a couple of things jumped out at me:

-They mention the Vice President's helicopter (or plane) going down near Pittsburgh in the ash cloud generated by the Yellowstone eruption. The very next scene is in Las Vegas where the ash cloud has not yet arrived. Isn't Las Vegas a lot closer to Yellowstone than Pittsburgh? Wouldn't the ash cloud have reached there first?

-Near the end, the computer displays seem to indicate the height of the tsunami wave approaching the arks is around 1500 feet. So if the wave is only 1500 feet high, how is it that so much water is reaching the heights of the Himalayas and almost to the summit of Mt. Everest at nearly 30,000 feet to imperil the arks?

Obviously there is very little realistic in this film (we can hope and pray), but those seemed like two obvious goofs that jumped out during a casual viewing.

A little disappointed with the LFE on the DVD. I turned on the bass boost during the action scenes as the sound seemed a little less-than-impressive without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks