What's new

*** Official 2008 Oscars Nominations List and Forum Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'll drink to that! :D

Seems to be lots o' luv for "The Bourne Ultimatum" tonight. Hasn't it won everything it's been nominated for? Surprised it didn't get more noms in the bigger categories if everyone's so high on it.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Loving the surprises tonight. Happy Bourne is kicking some serious ass. Happy for Cotillard as well.

--
H

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see "Falling Slowly" win for Best Song.

I was happy to see an upset for Best Actress, as Marion Cotillard was considered the 2nd choice on most Oscar guess lists, with Julie Christie the front-runner, but Marion pulled it out. Then again, Marion didn have the showier role, but one that she pulled off quite convincingly, and you only see Edith Piaf on the screen. You just had to hope enough people actually saw "La Vie en Rose" to appreciate her work.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
i am sucking it up on predictions but I don't care because the only category I cared about, original song, the film/song I wanted to win did. Falling slowly is one of the all time great songs and I'm so glad it won. and even gladder they brought Marketa out to have her moment after they so rudely cut her off.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I've always wanted to ask this but does anyone else have their stomach turn whenever they pay tribute to the people that have passed? It always hits me somewhat disrespectful that some people pop up with no applause from the crowd. It seems like they should be applauding for everyone and not just the popular ones.

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
And I thought it was in bad taste that they failed to include Brad Renfro, who died a couple weeks before Heath Ledger. Brad was a part of Hollywood, no? Didn't he deserve a little respect?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

I think Marketa's speech was the highlight so far of the night.

I think I'm a measly 8/16 for the picks tonight. Bourne killed me tonight with their 3 wins.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The cut-off was Feb. 1st, so if you passed away after that date, you'll most likely see Roy (passed Feb. 10th) on next year's reel.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Yes, and Yes. :angry:

I don't think there should be any applause during the obits. It should be a silent, solemn tribute. Why would anyone applaud a person's death?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

seriously?

you know they arent applauding their death?
they are applauding their Life.

i do agree that they should say silent during the tribute.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Silent would work but at least clap some for everyone.

Re: Diaz

It was nothing major but she seemed to be making a minor joke about the three character names in the film. I'm not sure if she realizes that the movie is considered one of the greatest ever made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks