What's new

*** Official (2007) 3:10 TO YUMA Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
James Mangold, director of Walk the Line is remaking a classic western. And in following the tradition of fall movies being more interesting than summer films, please take a look at the trailer (and the cast):

3:10 to Yuma

With this, There Will be Blood, No Country for Old Men, Sunshine, and American Gangster, the fall is looking strong. Very strong. Again :)

Edit: whoops!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"I can't to see this and The Assassination of Jesse James"

:emoji_thumbsup:

The Fall is looking great for movies.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Looks pretty good. But I don't like how Christian Bale's teenage son is in on it as well. Just seems so unnecessary.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see a classic Western coming to theaters again, even if it's a remake — and even if Russell Crowe is no Glenn Ford. There are some really beautiful shots in that trailer.

This could be the first Mangold film I'd enjoy, though the man has a tendency to boil the flavor out of his films. Anyone else find that the trailer was lacking the very tension that should be the films selling point? Too much gunfire might be the cause. Although I really shouldnt complain, anything western is of interest in my book. I'm just a little disappointed that such a mediocre director has been given the potential to revive the genre. The first 3:10 to Yuma clocked in at a crisp 92 minutes, if this new one comes in at under 100 minutes i'll be impressed.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Chuck, I noticed that you have Sunshine with those fall releases, but I think it's actually coming out July 20th now. That's what IMDB has, anyway.

As for 3:10 to Yuma, it has Christian Bale and Crowe is usually great, so I'll see this. I'm not familiar with the original at all, though.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

i cant, to see this too!

i finally watched the origional Yuma.
that is a great movie.
hope the remake doesnt mess up the ending.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You got that right. I actually preferred the original casting rumors with Tom Cruise playing Ben Wade and Eric Bana playing the rancher trying to take him to prison.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I love Russell Crowe - and I'm always more intrigued by him when he plays a slightly bad/or at least ethically gray character than a romantic lead.

Westerns aren't necessarily something I'm usually chomping at the bit to see, but this actually looks quite good.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "3:10 to Yuma". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "3:10 to Yuma" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Saw the sneak of this last night with my wife, who was reluctant going in. Afterwards, we both agreed - this is one of the best movies we've seen this year. The acting is very well done and the look of the film just captured us. Highly recommended, and hopefully it is not forgotten in the award season.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just watched the original today in preparation for seeing this remake tomorrow. I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Crawdaddy

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Just got back from this and thought it was fantastic! Action, humor and Alan Tudyk. Didn't even know he was in it.

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
Saw this today and I must say I think it is one of the best westerns I've seen in a long time. The look is really authentic, the acting is excellent and Crowe puts in an Oscar worthy performance as a bad guy with lots and lots of layers. And when you add in some really great music I found myself at times getting the same feeling I get when I watch an old spaghetti western. I cannot wait for the DVD.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Overall, I'd say it's a great movie. I didn't like the ending though. It just feels so unnecessary.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I didn't like the ending either and thought it ruin the film a little bit for me.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks