What's new

*** Official "2 FAST 2 FURIOUS" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I was going into this movie somewhat skeptical because of the casting and (I most of the time hate when musicians get into movies, stick to your own damn occupation!) and I was lacking the excitement I had when I saw the first one.

First off, the beginning...so ridiculous, the acting in the first ten to fifteen minutes, was just awful.

On top of that, for the first twenty minutes the audio would get very low and just be presented in ghetto stereo during all the beginning racing sequences which really busted my testicles.

I was happy to see that regardless of my hate towards 97.7863% of musical transitions, Tyrese acted as paste between the plot and Paul Walker, he brought a comical edge I did not expect to see.

Eva Mendes is amazingly hot. (Thank God for Training Day ;))

Again, the beginning, pointless frames...and the last stunt.. What the shite.

The girl with the [pink] S2000 was so ugly too, I wanted to shat on her. My friend had his S2000 in the parking lot and everyone was like "Oh snap son, oh snap lets race for pinkies!" "lol"

It was, I guess, entertaining, as I had expected but done very very poorly. I was even wanting Rob Cohen back, but you know his unaffiliation because of his lover Vin Diesel not being in it (because he was too expensive?).

-Bert

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Total estimated weekend results put the film in #1 position with $52.1 million. It was #1 on Friday, but #2 on Saturday and Sunday to Nemo, which brought in an estimated $45.8 million for the weekend. Saturday usually has the highest gross for a new film the first weekend. 2 Fast faltered on Saturday and again on Sunday.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I went into 2 Fast 2 Furious expecting the following: a cheesy summer action film with awful acting and dialog, but has fancy visuals that I would enjoy for two hours. Was it worth it? Yes. I enjoyed it more than the first film and last week's The Italian Job.

The Fast and the Furious films are not meant to be great films, they're just supposed to be films that entertain one for two hours. If one goes in expecting more, no wonder why they won't enjoy it.

I enjoyed this one better than the original for many reasons:
1) No Rob "I think I'm so hip" Cohen directing it.
2) Less plot, more action with nice cars getting wrecked.
3) Actually showed some American muscle cars instead of import cars none of us could afford, but look really pretty.
4) More hot chicks (too bad they were shown for less periods of time).
5) Cole Hauser was in it and he kicks ass (to bad he was given really nothing to do).
6) It showed Tyrese could act given an actual script.
7) Ludacris can act better than Ja "MUUURDER!" Rule.
8) Dukes of Hazard reference.

Reasons why one might not enjoy it:
1) More Paul Walker.
2) More awful acting than the first one (people are either overacting or just sleepwalking through their preformances).
3) I do not like rap that much, therefore I really didn't like the music selection (then again, it's better than the mixture of rap and awful Limp Biskit rock music in the first installment).

But overall, I had a fun time and enjoyed it. I'll buy the DVD when it comes out. This is the second movie of the summer that has actually passed my exepectations of what I thought it would be (next to The Matrix Reloaded).

And just to think, at least it wasn't as awful as Biker Boyz. :)

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
A couple of days ago i wrote:

"I'm predicting weak box office for 2 Fast - vin diesel was the franchise and he's gone. I doubt the kids will show up just to see more rice rockets. But i guess we'll see."

Well, we saw, or actually, about $52 million worth of kids did go and see it, making my prediction look pretty silly. :frowning:

Glad to see 'nemo' held up, though. I tend to root for the disney films.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I'm predicting weak box office for 2 Fast - vin diesel was the franchise and he's gone. I doubt the kids will show up just to see more rice rockets. But i guess we'll see.
If Vin Diesel WAS the franchise, then Pitch Black, Boiler Room, and A Man Apart would've made more than $30 million combined at the box office. :) I knew 2 Fast 2 Furious would've made more than $40 million at the box office just like the first film. I'm sure the film would've made more money with Vin Diesel involved or if the film was more heavily promoted (I never saw a television spot and only saw the trailer before Matrix Reloaded, none of the other 30+ movies I saw in the theater this year). I'm sure there won't be that much of a decline next weekend as the competition is Rugrats Go Wild, Hollywood Homicide, and Dumb and Dumberer (all 3 will probably bomb). But I wouldn't be suprised if Finding Nemo makes more money than 2 Fast... next weekend just for the fact it's a children's movie and will have more repeat viewings due to kids wanting to see it again.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
"If Vin Diesel WAS the franchise, then Pitch Black, Boiler Room"...

Those are two good movies. Probably better than FF2. They deserved better.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I love fast cars and street racing thats why I saw this movie. I have to admit there were some ugly cars in this movie but there were some awesome ones too. I wish Ludacris would have raced his NSX that didn't see any action at all. I think they could have gave Tyrese a better looking car. Overall I liked it though I will buy it as soon as it comes out.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Those are two good movies. Probably better than FF2. They deserved better.
Well Pitch Black is getting a sequel next year (it has gained a cult following once it came out to video) and Boiler Room is still very underrated (I'm one of the few people who actually saw it in theaters and I enjoyed it greatly) and still hasn't found it's audience. But when you think about it, what does the general public know?

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Plus, to add a bit more, Pitch Black was the movie that "made" him and did reasonably well (Budget of 23 mil, made about 40 domestically), while in Boiler Room his part was rather tiny. It'd be more a Ribisi vehicle than anyone else. Anyhoo.....

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought the first one would be a good Popcorn movies so I rented it on DVD.

It was horrible. That movie, and I am sure the sequel, was everything I hate about Blockbuster no brainers these days.
Big budgets, Loud sounds and dumb charcters that you hate.
There was one thing I couldnt tell about the first movie, did these men love their cars more than they loved themselves and each other?

I dont know, the movie seemed almost mistakenly homo erotic and thats the only thing I can reccomend about it.
The fact that the sequel made 50 million dollars only makes me lose even more faith in the movie going public.

Hopefully it will drop big time next week.

Jonathan T

Second Unit
I saw the first one, it was garbage. The stunts in the movie were very silly and most fake (not in the sence that they didn't actually happen but that it could never happen at all). The one that stands out most is when Vin's "Almighty" Charger pulls a burnout and a wheelie at the same time. That just pissed me off. There are other things like the blue and pink "flames" that come out of the exhaust in the trailer for the sequal. Also, it was more of a dramma with a bunch of flassy rice burners to augment the garbage script. I prefer more realistic car movies like the orgional Gone in 60 Seconds and the numberous Steve MaQueen movies.

The girls that saw the first one probably saw it at a friends house as neither Vin or Paul had done major "Click Flicks" before that. Now comes this second one, the girls went to the movies for the dramma and for Paul and Tyreese.

I'm a 15 year old Teenage boy. I live around teenage girls and hear a lot of what they say. Also, I'm not intrested in the fast and furious movies. Unlike most of my peers, I'm intrested in a lot more than just fast cars and how they look. I want to know how they work. Multi-thousand paint jobs, neon headlights and brown flaming exhausts aren't everything.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Just got home from seeing FF². All I could think was, "Wow...I paid $7 to see that?" I thought the first one was good but the second was worse than Bruce Almighty. :thumbsdown:

JerryCulp

Stunt Coordinator
Not only do I never want to see this movie again, it changed my mind about buying the first one.

If you know nothing about cars, the car scenes are believable, otherwise...

Things like this will drive you mad:
The girl racing with her windows down and her hair barely moves.
18 secs to 80mph.
Guys racing for slips and going half throttle.
Hot shot street racers, with megabuck rods that cant get farther away than 50 feet from the keystone cops as they race through town.
Same hot shots that cant shift faster any 80 yr old granny.
Racing on the freeway and going in REVERSE faster than the guy you were racing.
Nitrous takes to you Hyperspeed.

That's only a partial list.

Those two guys make Vin look like an Oscar winner for drama.

Sheesh....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks