What's new

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003) (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I also enjoyed the comic-book approach of the first one. As I said, it only lost me on Drew's poor fight (if you can't moonwalk, leave it out) and when it got more serious toward the end.

But the beginning was all about fun. Murray was up and down in the film, at times trying too hard. Foxx will do no worse I think, maybe no better either.

Liu is hot and I liked her character. I think all 3 girls are hot and it's nice to girls getting to be the action stars (they even had brains, go figure). I thought Wilson and LeBlanc had great comedic moments and I hope they get some moments in this one too.

But I question whether McG can do anything original this time around. My gut tells me that he blew it all on the first film.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Count me in as one who was pleasantly surprised by the first movie. I expected the worst and had a lot of fun and laughs watching it. The DVD had great sound and some fine extras. If they can keep the humour, action and soundtrack as good as the first, I will certainly check it out. It is too bad that Bill Murray will not be back though.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Scott-

I was also pleasantly surprised with the film. I thought it was wonderfully funny and entertaining.

Bill Murray will be missed though.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Given their sruggling relationship (so I kind of feel a bit guilty about this one) this one may improve on the original one in one significant way - no more need to carry the dead weight otherwise known as Tom Green around! Every time he appeared on screen it wrecked the mood of the film for me.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I enjoyed Bill Murray in Charlie's Angels, but if forced to choose, I'd keep Lucy Liu.

And I thoroughly enjoyed the movie! It was fun, silly, wholeheartedly B-grade, camp-fest!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I just heard on Access Hollywood that Bill Murray is definitely out and his replacement will be...
(Drum roll please...)
(Spoilers used to amplify the anticipation...)
Bernie Mac!
Heck, I love Bill Murray, but this is good news! :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I agree. At this point I think Bernie is on the upswing, especially after his effort in Ocean's 11. While that was as much serious as funny, it showed that he could carry a scene and has skills as an actor.

Meanwhile, while I loved Murry's work, he has seemed to be slipping just a bit lately. Maybe in CA it was the fighting that kept him off his game, but half his scenes seemed forced like a guy trying to hard to entertain the room. Of course I enjoyed a lot of his scenes too, it was come and go with him.

With Bernie I expect a solid effort all the way through and think that he actually makes a better Bosley type anyway - he can play a bit more formal and classy I think. I think Foxx would have been a bit too goofy, more like Murray was.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
I thought Wilson and LeBlanc had great comedic moments and I hope they get some moments in this one too.
I agree Seth.... my biggest laughs in this movie were Wilson at the "Soul Train" set and LeBlanc's "acting"...
"Damn you Salazar!!!!!"...... :D LOL

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I really like Bill Murray alot and enjoy almost all his movies. But I never felt he was right for the part of Bosley, before it came out or after seeing it. He's really just too different a personality from what Bosley was all those years.

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
Dropped Bill Murray!?!?!? Terrible solution to the obvious problem. Dump Liu and get someone else to play her part. Just cast somebody else as her sister? Anything...just don't let Billy go!!!

David Oliver

Second Unit
Add me to the list of people who enjoyed the original, it was a lot of fun I thought and I thought McG did a very good job with it.

I like continuity, so I guess I won't be too happy to see Murray go. But it icertainly seemed to me that he actually was restrained in the part, becuase I think that is what it called for, which in fact made it not a great role for him. I think keeping Lucy Liu is a good idea and I can see Bernie Mac as Bosley.

Craig P

Stunt Coordinator
I read / heard somewhere that the Green / Barrymore relationship grew out of having Green in Charlie's Angels, rather than the other way around. Maybe in the extras on the DVD?

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, one of the biggest laughs for me (and the crowd) was LeBlanc giving the "were you in there when that happened?!?" line :)
Wilson at Soul Train was also excellent.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hmm...
i thought the first was a very entertaining ride. heck...i even bought the dvd and am (somewhat) proud to display it...okay...maybe that's an exaggeration.
but you absolutely cannot go into a movie like that with any sort of cinematic expectations. the movie is going to be stupid, with lots of explosions and some hotties running around.
i mean...c'mon...anyone ever see a michael bay film? :)
bill murray has lost his niche. his schtick (sp?) is so old it's boring. he's done.
thank god they're not using jamie foxx...i think bernie mac is a much better choice. foxx would have been way over the top.
i'm sure when ca2 comes out, i'll spend matinee, but not full price.

GaryEA

Second Unit
(shakes head)

This first one was okay. I caught it on tv and had a good laugh. I never thought there would be a sequel. I honestly thought audience response was tepid. That'll teach me.

McG is going to comic book-ed out by the time he gets to doing Superman.

hmmm... Bill Murray as Lex Luthor...

-g

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
OK, so Bernie Mac is in for Bill Murray. Who gets to play the villain?

How 'bout Demi Moore, as an ex-Angel out to off the beloved trio?

Yep? Chud.com reports that Moore is on board, as is Robert Patrick - which is always nice to hear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks