What's new

*** Offficial THE DA VINCI CODE Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I kind of suspected that. From the very first moment the first trailer came out, I said here, this thing doesn't seem exciting.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member

I find it amazing that the guy who wrote BATMAN AND ROBIN and the LOST IN SPACE remake is not only still working on major films, but even has an Oscar to his credit!

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
It's reasonable to think the film will make a big initial boxoffice splash, but these reports on how dull it is make me think it will have no legs.

James@R

Second Unit
I hope it's not another Bonfire of the Vanities for Hanks, but it doesn't sound as though it will end up being the massive blockbuster it's been made out to be.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The one theater owner I know who has seen it has told me they were not very impressed. They like the book, but found the movie to be "plodding" and they thought Tom Hanks was the wrong actor for the part.

He actually made a reference to me I thought was funny: "It was like a very slow paced "National Treasure"

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Jeffery Wells didn't like it either, saying it is the worst movie Ron Howard had directed since Far And Away. (He must have wiped The Grinch out of his brain...)

Jason

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
These bad reviews have me leaning toward skipping this in the theater.
I never read the book and was curious about the story, but it sounds like a movie that is not worth $9.00.

Joe D

Supporting Actor

Now it's up to 8 reviews, and still 0%. I guess the girlfriend and I won't be seeing it this weekend.

I thought the trailer looked good until I saw that Ron Howard was directing it.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
It seems its the source material that is first and foremost the problem. The reviews that compare it to the book say that it follows the book very closely which IS its problem. Weird.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I just wish someone would tell Hanks that he plays a symbologist and not a symbiologist.

He says symbiologist in nearly every interview I've heard (and yes I checked with Dictionary.com).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks