What's new

Ockeghem's All Things DARK SHADOWS (w/Spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
In the 230s now. Maggie is just going through the ringer! The friendliest character in the series (Father Knows Best quality) and she's getting it bad. :( It might say a lot of about me (being a person who has always loved adventure and mystery) that the story about what's in the locked room has me more excited, but Maggie is currently getting the attention, and it's great too.

I'm having to start saving a bit of money for something so I have to limit my output for a while. So the last thing I'm buying for a while, the DS flicks on blu ray including the new one. Just that fear of the older ones going out of print. (also picked up The Death of the Incredible Hulk to finish that series as well, since I have the other 2 movies) These should hold me for a while. DS on blu should be something fantastic! I can't wait1

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I just finished 242, which has Liz and Jason discussing the usual, and Roger offering to help Liz (I was hoping for that, at least...). Anyway, back at 237 the episode ended with Jason in the woods surrounded by the same kind of evil howling that got Maggie. But now, in 242, he's okay. I believe that what Jason is doing is not a reason to wish him dead, but still... I'm only slightly embarrassed to say I'm a little disappointed his smiling face is back at the house consuming Roger's spirits and talking to Liz like that. And I"m game to wait and see what happens next to that guy. And I have a wish about what happens to help out Liz. I can't wait for more details about her late husband.

Wanted to add that I agree with everyone on Karlen now. I'm IS Willie at this point and the other actor is a distance memory, just like what happened to Sam. Good show!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Radioman,The saga of the locked door is superb! Enjoy it. There was such good writing in the series at times.

Harry,Yeah, 'Cassandra.' I will admit that every now and then while watching that part of the series, I wasn't quite sure what to make of whom she really was, at least the first time I saw it.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
You gotta admit, there were a LOT of TV actresses in the late 60s wearing black wigs to play bitchy relatives or alternate identities. Look at Jeannie and her evil sister, and of course Samantha Stephens and her kooky cousin Serena! So, Lara Parker playing "Cassandra" is very much in that tradition! ;)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Okay... Liz is actually moving toward marrying this turd. And Im thinking there is probably plenty of room behind that door for Paul's "stuff" and now Jason's "stuff". :thumbsup:

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Radioman and Harry I always enjoy reading about the show with new eyes. I know Scott must too. Keep up the good work. Strange as it may seem you both are watching right about the time of year these shows aired. Perhaps a month or two ahead but still in the spring. April 2nd 1971 was the last show ever aired of DS. You guys have a great deal of fun watching ahead.

Nice touch Charles on the blonde to black wig.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Tracy,I remember that one well. Nancy Barrett was really into her lines that day!

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
We just got to the Dream Curse today. I remember that as being a lot of "fun".

What's odd is that I had zero recollection of Jeff Clark working for Dr. Lang, so that part has been a bit surprising. In my mind he just sort of showed up one day. I suppose with all of the other stuff going on, that was a very minor sub-plot in the scheme of things.

I also don't remember the ultimate fate of "Cassandra" - it's something I don't quite recall, but I think it will have something to do with Nicholas Blair when we get to him.

Harry

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Harry,Jeff Clark didn't work for Dr. Lang.

It was actually Peter Bradford. J/K, of course! ;)

tracyedgar

Stunt Coordinator
Nancy was (and is) always at the top of her game! Check out some of her recent audios for Big Finish's Dark Shadows continuation. She has played Carolyn Stoddard multiple times, plus Millicent Collins, Charity Trask/Pansy Faye and Letitia Faye.And if you've forgotten what happened to Cassandra Collins, check out her series of supernatural adventures with Tony Peterson in their audios! Brilliant continuations of our favorite show--all of these! 42 and counting now, plus two full-cast seasons and another on the way!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
The film footage of real bats being used in one of the scenes of the dream curse as the bat looks straight at you scared me when I was a kid. The only time the show ever did scare me just a little.

Trace I believe Joan has trouble with the door on the landing as she is running up the stairs with Nancy screaming at her. Nice touch with the door to that scene because both Nancy and Joan were so good in it.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Mark Collins said:
Radioman and Harry I always enjoy reading about the show with new eyes. I know Scott must too. Keep up the good work. Strange as it may seem you both are watching right about the time of year these shows aired. Perhaps a month or two ahead but still in the spring. April 2nd 1971 was the last show ever aired of DS. You guys have a great deal of fun watching ahead.

Nice touch Charles on the blonde to black wig.
My blu rays showed up yesterday with the DS films. First thing I saw was a quote "wickedly funny" on the back of that new one. We don't laugh at old DS!! wassa deal?! :P

I believe 249 is next for me, with the opening Vickie teasing about the locked door. I can't get home and pop the corn fast enough today! 248 had (I believe) a scene with Willie helping Maggie, and more abuse from Barney. Might be my favorite moments with those characters so far. Also, Burke helping out Sam, offering him a steak dinner. You just can't help but like Burke. I hope he's on the show for many many more episodes. I also hope he'll turn his attn to Roger and lay off Liz, she has enough trouble and it wasn't her that did him wrong. The interaction with Burke and Liz is also some of my favorite moments, especially when Burke is helping her (the girls in Collinwood!) in some way. There's more there to come, I know it... :wub:

I can't believe I'm about to watch 250th! DS is now one of my top comfort shows. How many depression head shrink treatments can you get for $290? Not enough! Whatta deal!! :3dglasses:

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Radioman,The original Burke Devlin (Mitchell Ryan) will always be my favorite 'Burke' in the series. Anthony George just didn't do it for me, although he has some good moments as well. By the way, who is this Barney that you mention above?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Ockeghem said:
Radioman,The original Burke Devlin (Mitchell Ryan) will always be my favorite 'Burke' in the series. Anthony George just didn't do it for me, although he has some good moments as well. By the way, who is this Barney that you mention above?
Just hours ago I was watching It's Always Sunny in Philly, Sweet Dee wants to claim her surrogate baby on her tax and has to come up with a fake baby when she's audited. She names him Barnabas and calls him Barney for short. :D

I didn't know there'd be a new actor playing Burke. That is disappointing, but with 1000 episodes I know we have to be ready to anything! I'll miss him when he's gone and will back up and watch his interview material as soon as the new guy shows up. .. I have to say, when they recently announced a new actor playing the doctor (and the new one is very good) I had a fear they were doing a new Burke... a bit of ESP going on!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm going to put Ryan's face on a stick and hold it over the new guy, dadburnit!

So the last one out of the locked room was Jason... and I was wishing it was a conspiracy with the door slamming shut while Jason screams "let me out let me out" and all you hear after that is old dusty junk being pushed in front of the door. ... it's like Jason stays, but the original Burke is going...?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks