What's new

Obscure films you would like to see on Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by Bryan^H

The Boys Next Door is an all time favorite for me. Something about it just made me watch every time it aired on HBO in the late 80's. I haven't watched the Anchor Bay release in a few years, but certainly am in favor for a blu release.

Romy and Michelle....HELL YES!!! This film is less than lackluster on the un-anamorphic god awful Touchstone release. This is one film begging for a complete remaster/special edition/Anamorphic widescreen/True HD DTS release on Blu-Ray!!!

Romy & Michele had a very cheapie/quickie dvd release; there's hardly any extras and the aspect ratio is way off. I wish they'd put it out again with Will Ferrell's deleted scenes (for starters). The film begs for audio commentary. And it's probably the only "chick flick" I can stand to watch--outside of Thelma & Louise (which it parodies in places). Well, really, if all "chick flicks" were this funny then boyfriends wouldn't get p.o.'ed when they're dragged to see them. Maybe in 2012, which will be the film's 15th anniversary (sigh--I do hate waiting for those anniversaries just to see catalog titles on bluray...)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
The Accidental Tourist

La Belle Noiseuse

Cyrano DeBergerac (1990)

The River (Renoir)

Love With The Proper Stranger (hell, I'd even take a decent DVD for pete's sake)

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
"Bound For Glory". Watched this recently on some HD channel, and thought this would look fantastic on Blu. With every other 1976 Best Picture winner or nominee getting new Blu treatments this year ("Network", "All the President's Men", "Taxi Driver", and--I think--"Rocky"), this one's long overdue, and as far as I know only available in non-anamorphic SD on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks