What's new

Obese man sues fast-food chains. (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
The fast food chains being sued should sue the idiots who started this lawsuit. They should aggresively sue them until they can't think of things to sue them for anymore!
This is just We Todd Did Sofa King We Todd Did !!!!!!!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
They just talked to the guy on MSNBC. He didn't exactly make a compelling argument.

/Mike

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
What makes this case even funnier (and even more pointless) is that part of the suit stated:
that they need to offer healthier options on their menus
when the irony is that these people weren't seeking out healthy alternatives. They went to McDonalds and KFC knowing full well how unhealthy the food was and passed up on what "healthy" choices those fast-food places did offer. If Wendy's were to convert tomorrow to a full-on Health menu and do away with all the fat and grease and cheese and salt, would these people flock to it and embrace it? No f*cking way. What a sham.

How many times do we say "What will they think of next?"? Well, I don't want to know anymore. This sort of shit is obviously never going to bottom out and it only gets more stupid every day.

Bruce

I found out many years ago that whatever I loved to eat was bad for me and if it was healthy it wasn't worth eating. Remember that it's not how long you live that's as important as how much.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I hope he wins so I can sue the Internet for taking up too much of my time. While I am at it I will sue home theater companies for addicting me to their crap.
This better get thrown out fast! :thumbsdown:

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Yeah I think we should all get together and sue the whole entertaiment business for the evil products they produce that divert our hard earned money from our wallets to their bank accounts.
If we settle out of court for millions, think about how many more dvds we could buy!:D

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
I got a WOODY once from a nudey magazine, can I sue somebody too?

To Quote the Eagles...
"old Billy was right
lets kill all the lawyers
Kill em tonight"

Travis D

Second Unit
You know, I don't say this very often...
Hell, I don't like saying it at all, but this guy should be skull f***ed in his eye socket. Cruel: yes. Rewarding: also yes.

James L White

Supporting Actor
here's who/what I'm gonna sue:
I'm gonna sue my cat for causing my alergies to act up
the sun for making it so damn hot outside
Toca Bell for having barritos that give me gas
that guy's a money hungry idiot:thumbsdown:

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
When will people get it... Its not the food that makes you overweight, its the food that YOU CHOOSE to eat that makes you overweight.

I like a double quarter pounder as much as the next guy, but to eat there daily and then get upset when you gain weight is just plain ridiculous. The laywer that tood this case should have to pay all the court fees ater it is thrown out of court as a frivolous lawsuit.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
A lot of people here are comparing this lawsuit to the tobacco one. As Robert_eb stated, this is comparing apples to oranges.

Tobacco was sued MANY times by people who got sick and claimed that they didn't know cigarettes would hurt them. Tobacco won EVERY case of this nature. This was not only because Tobacco had lots of bucks (which never hurts in our US court system), but also because they were right. On every package of cigarettes was a big label saying this could be hazardous to your health. Not one plaintiff won a case based on this premise.

Where Tobacco lost, and lost big, was when it was discovered that they A) were not just making a product that was bad for you, but were purposely adding harmful chemicals to their product in order to make them MORE addictive, B) lied to the public, judicial branch and Congress about it, and C) targeting kids who could not legally even purchase the product.

A) probably would never had hurt them if they had simply come clean about it from the start. But instead they lied, which is why they got slammed. C) just made them look worse, and magnified the sin.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It is absolutely true that many people refuse to be accountable for their actions and are quick to blame others for what happens to them. It's called DENIAL. At the same time, I suggest a book called FAST FOOD NATION by Eric Schlosser for a very well-researched account of the many deceptions and horrifying protocols used by fast food chains
to keep you in the dark about health risks that go way beyond obesity. Scary stuff and, like so many great exposes, not read by enough people.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
This is the same thing as cutting yourself with a knife and then suing the manufacturer of the knife because it was sharp.

Ridiculous...

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Here is the sad part of this whole situation:
He will probablly win. You think it can't happen? Think again. I've heard of more ridiculous suits winning, such as:
A burgler broke into a mans house to rob it. The man who owned the house wasn't there, however when the man was breaking into the fellow's home he cut himself on a household item in the house that was left out and ended up sueing the man whos home was being burglarized for negligence or some crap like that.
Guess what folks. He won.
Stupid? Yes
Amazing? Yes
Do I think this guy "could" win this suit? Yes
(or atleast settle out of court)
This is P0thetic (pathetic) :angry: :angry: :angry:

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Remember, this is the same legal system which awarded a woman millions for being scolded by McDonald's coffee and where children are permitted to be divorced from their parents. Hey, what am I saying, I just found an easy way to make a million bucks! Anyone got the number for Lionel Hutz?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks