What's new

O.K. Universal, where are the next releases for.. (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
The Incredible Hulk, Rockford Files, Miami Vice, & Coach.
I cannot believe we haven't heard a peep about these future season sets..
Anyone else heard anything??

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
for me you can add other universal titles such as adam 12.leave it to beaver and dragnet 1960's series.Its like they totally dropped the ball on so many of their shows.

ElizM

Agent
Real Name
I also hope they release The Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries S2 and S3...

At least they just announced Airwolf S2...so I would hope they would continue the other shows we are waiting for.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Of all the Universal releases that apparently have been delayed, I'm most interested in the second season (and beyond) of ``The Incredible Hulk,'' ``Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries'' and ``SeaQuest DSV''...and moreover, hoping that the clowns at Universal don't ever consider using the DVD-18 format again. :angry:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Apparently Airwolf season 1 didn't do very well in sales, so the announcement of season 2 gives me hope for all the titles of Universal on dvd.

Also waiting for more Charles in Charge.

Gimmee a Break season 2 is a Canadian release from another company, so it will be very interesting if Universal releases a second season also.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Yea, Universal is easily the most frustrating of the major companies when it comes to their TVonDVD releases. They really have a lot of shows "hanging" in limbo. Paramount, Fox and Sony seem to be a lot more apt to follow through on shows once they start them. We know they aren't perfect in the follow-up department, but they do a decent job. Universal on the other hand is really driving me crazy with so many shows that appear to be in limbo.

LITB is my biggest gripe at the moment. No word on Season 3, when I would have thought we'd have heard about a new release months ago. Then there's Dragnet, Adam 12, The Incredible Hulk, Kojak, Baa Baa Black Sheep, and Quincy. Add to that shows like Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys, McCloud, McMillian & Wife, and Night Gallery. The bottom line is that they've left too many shows just hanging! Way too many!!!

Gary "Universal is really beginning to tick me off" O.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Why the hurry on The Rockford Files? The second season just came out in July! :)

They should get the 2nd season of KOJAK on the market already though. It's WAY overdue.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
And yet we seem to get new releases of Magnum PI and the A-Team every couple of months. I don't understand it.

Where is Miami Vice Season 3?!?

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Universal seem to have dropped the ball when it comes to Miami Vice, they've missed the perfect opportunity to tie in the release of S3 to the release of the new MV movie -- it would've been a great way of introducing new fans to the MV TV show.

Having said that, I think we're all in agreement that we would rather Universal take the time securing the music rights to S3 rather than them rushing it out just so they can have a tie in with the movie.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I agree on the missed promo opportunity. They could have done a movie cash promo, had trailers and behind the scenes features for the movie, etc. etc. And now the DVD of the movie has been announced and there is still no season 3.

According to the information I read prior to the release of season 1, they secured the music rights for the entire series prior to releasing the first season. I believe the article was in Home Media Retailing. If thats true, they're free to pull the trigger on a new release at any time.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
The weird thing about Miami Vice is that the first season was Universal's number one best-seller for the year it came out- an article a few months ago confirmed that. The second season probably did less, but it is hard to imagine the fall-off was so severe that it wouldn't allow for future releases.

I'm not sure Universal is the worst for not following up on shows. Warners doesn't do too great in this area either.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'd like to see more of Dream On, it was much better later on.

I'm not going to complain too loudly since Northern Exposure is almost completely released, albeit with music edits.

More Emergency would be welcomed.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Amy, I've wondered the same thing about some other Uni series that are on 'hold' or possibly cancelled from further seasons' releases. Although I'm not a Miami Vice fan, I wonder how much the sales #"s alone affect the decision-making in Uni's "tower" or other studios about TV/DVD releases.

Then again, I recall a post somewhere here at the HTF/TV Forum that someone mentioned that Uni's classic TV/DVD's haven't sold well as a group within their home video catalog. If that's true, it's not good news to, I'd guess, a lot of us here. I know that I'm waiting for a few more of their "classic" series to be released.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Lets see, we are getting Alfred Hitchcock season 2, Airwolf season 2, and Columbo season 6 & 7 , all in Oct. and Nov. It is my hope that the lack of DVD 18s mean we wont have the problems of the past, and maybe help Universal with the bottom line.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks