What's new

NYPD BLUE: SEASON 2 reviews?? (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
I can't seem to find any either.
Maybe FOX didn't send any out to the press.

Brandon

Agent
I would imagine it is the same as the First Season, which featured 4.0 sound.

But as the review does say, you buy this less for the perks, and more because it is one of the best TV shows out there. Can't wait until Season 3 is released.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
While I agree the show was still good with Smits, the writing never reached the same level as Season 1. I prefered when they had an overall arc, like they did for the Licalsi/Mob murder line, but they never really did this again, or when they attempted it, it was a pale shadow of Season 1. Smits was good Caruso was better, he fit the overall nature of the show, it's still a damn shame his head got too big. I think about what the show could've become. (Of course it's possible we saw every card Caruso was holding and the character would've become tiring with his "You Ok" platitudes, I guess we'll never know)

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I'd go further than that, and say there's nothing in that review that makes me think that they've even seen the discs.
I'm not familiar with that reviewer, so I can't say for sure. I'd also point out that this is one of their 'Quick' reviews. On their full reviews, they normally do a much better job. Even then their main focus seems to be more on good knowledge of the film and less so on the technical aspects of the DVD. For that type of review, you'll have to look elsewhere. But they do have a good selection of reviews for the more artsy type films and less on the mainstream. So it's a fun site to check out.

Ya'll asked for a review and I provided one. It might not have all the details you're looking for (or me for that matter), but it's certainly better than all the other reviews I've seen so far (all zero of them). :D

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I certainly didn't mean to criticise you for volunteering the link, Mark.
As it's not my review, I couldn't care less what you think of it. I actually happen to agree with you in this case and I'm not the least bit offended by your comments. :) I only responded because I know that site does have much better reviews usually (if you check under 'Full Reviews') and didn't want this crappy one scaring people away.

Thanks for the other reviews. I'll have to check them out.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Here's my quick review (full review to come once I finish listening to commentary tracks).

Audio and video is the same as season one. The picture still contains a pattern which doesn't move when the camera moves (only in some shots); this was the same as in season 1 and isn't noticeable in every scene. Audio is once again very nice. I love the music used in the series and it sounds so great on these releases.

The documentary for season 2 goes through each episode and has most cast members commenting on various episodes. Missing are Caruso (for obvious reasons) and Smits. Once again the commentary tracks are with a single person. I feel they would be much better with a couple of people taling and interacting.

Once of the best cop shows gets a nice DVD release.

Gord

Duncan_N

Stunt Coordinator
James McDaniel does feature in the documentary. Good to see Justine Miceli and Kim Delany as well.

Also - How hot is Gail O'Grady? she never looked that good on the show!:b

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I agree Duncan. She looks way better now. McDaniel's head looks larger on the doc as well.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks