What's new

NYPD Blue Season 12 thread (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I am gonna miss this show. Franz'z portrayal of Andy is just amazing to me. I hope Fox gets with it and decides to start releasing the season sets again.

Ric

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
How many shed a tear has he walked down the stairs and thru his co-workers...? :b This was a great show from start to finish (the series in general)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I got a little misty! It's amazing to me the journey that Andy has been on over the run of the show. I'm so happy that they kept his wife's character in the show, even though she's off camera. He's been through enough tragedy.

Ric

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Did anyone notice in the intro section of last night's episode that the recap of the Clark/Munson "chopstick foreplay" incident had its audio changed?

Last week, Clark clearly said, "Herrow" as Munson used the chopsticks to unzip her top. Tonight, the potentially offensive remark was replaced with a "Heh, Heh, Heh" overdub.

I guess that the blue pencil crew was handling some flak that ABC apparently received.

Comments?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yes, I noticed that. I dunno if they actually changed it, or if they just edited it out and went straight to the "Heh heh." I would hardly call what Clark said offensive, and it might even be in character, but I would rather they leave stuff like that out in the first place. It's just kinda lame.

I got a bit misty at the end too. Andy had a little quiver in his jaw when he put on his hat (or do they call 'em a cover in the NYPD, or something else?)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
There's no way they're going to leave Andy "in the bag" for the rest of the show. Why pull your most compelling character out of the action?

Something is going to happen, where he goes back to being a detective. Or, he retires when he realizes the mistake he made accepting the promotion.

And, did you see the new detective with Clark?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Who else was waiting for the wife of the millionaire to try to hit on Clark? I think they were trying to show how he has gotten over being the butthead & womanizer he was at the beginning of the season.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I am so pissed that I missed this Tuesdays episode, my wifes brother stopped by then I missed it.:angry: Can anyone give me a decent rundown of what happened.

A couple of years ago I caught a Blue episode on Court TV. I liked what I saw, and it was from the first season. Then TNT started running two episodes a day. I was hooked and have seen nearly every episode. Over the years, the perfomances that really got me were Andy in general, Bobby being in and his death scene was heart wrenching, and watching Baldwin learn to fit in with the new co-workers. I really liked when Baldwin ripped a phone book in half. Man he is a big guy.

Brandon

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Can somebody explain to me what Andy's promotion means? It looks like he's now at walking the beat. Is that correct?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm no expert, but here's how I understand it.

As a sergeant, Andy outranks a detective. He's not walking a beat; he's in charge of the guys who walk the beat, which is why he's back in uniform. He's now in a position to do even more of what Bobby's ghost urged him to do: be a teacher. We got a classic example when Andy was called to a scene and taught the beat cop how he should have handled the guy who was illegally parked.

Andy's presence at the initial crime scene probably wasn't necessary. How many times have we seen the detectives arrive at a scene when there was a sergeant present? I can't think of a single example. I took that as yet another example of Andy's old habits dying hard; he still wants to be where the action is. There were examples throughout the episode, like his frequent trips upstairs and his assists to Medavoy, Jones and Clark.

For Andy to be put in charge of a squad of detectives, he'd have to get promoted higher (i.e., to lieutenant), or there'd have to be a shortage of lieutenants, as happened for a while last season (when Sergeant Gibson took over after Rodriguez left the force).

Taking Andy out of the detectives squad is something they can only do because the series is ending. It's an interesting way to put a new perspective on the Sipowitz we've known from so many angles for the last 12 years, and it also allows the writers to end the series with major changes that aren't melodramatic (at least that's what I'm hoping).

M.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Also, it seems that in the NYPD, you can be a Detective Sergeant. Law&Order has had a few, working cases as the senior partner.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well from the previews for next weeks episode. They do bring him back to the detectives squad to work on a special case.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

They may have requested a supervisor because a military NCO was involved, and that would inevitably entail working with Army CID or the Feds. Kind of case where they'd want to make doubly sure that none of the uniforms messed up the crime scene or something got missed. Or Andy may have heard the call come in over the radio and "assigned" himself because of the military connection.

Obviously they'll find a way to get Andy back into the squad for the rest of the season, promotion or no. He can't keep popping in to deliver paperwork every week. :)

Regards,

Joe

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Keep in mind I think the rest of the season and the rest of the show is only 3 more shows. :frowning:

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

All very possible. I thought it was interesting that the writers left it unexplained why Andy was at that particular crime scene, in contrast to later in the episode when we saw an example of exactly how a sergeant gets called out of the precinct.

M.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Arrggggh, talk about a wardrobe malfunction!!!!

The female SSG's beret was a disgrace: it wasn't shaped and it was the wrong color. I can't believe someone involved with the show didn't catch this one.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
As a former cop (not NYPD, though), I can tell you that if there is a homocide, there damn well better be a supervisor there. Someone has to ensure that the street officers do everything correct, or they could contaminate the entire crime scene and ruin the case.

If a sergeant didn't show up to a major crime, he would get his butt handed to him. So, for Andy to be at the scene of a homocide is not out of the ordinary at all.

That being said, I was very happy to see next weeks previews. Andy really seemed unhappy pushing papers. And, in the previews, the speed with which he agrees to go back to the squad showed his desire.

And Kudos to Greg. That guy deserves some happiness in his life. I hope they let him have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks