What's new

NYPD Blue Season 12 thread (1 Viewer)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy

You will probably get your wish. I've heard the rumor about McDaniel coming back.

While I really want everything to go good for everyone at the end, I would also love to see the show end with everyone still doing their jobs. No promotions, no retirements, just still on the job.

I don't need some big wrap up.

BTW, last night was kind of a downer. Nothing new on the Bale front, other than he was uncharacteristically accomidating and caring. Perhaps he's learned his lesson.

And, kudos to Greg. I hope he gets the girl.

Otherwise, kind of a boring episode.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Caruso was good ,but he obviously wasn't why I have always watched this show. I've watched it because of all the others over the years. I for one am thankful that the writers included the AA meetings storyline, I'm grateful that AA is there for men and women who are trying to turn their lives around. I think the episode had some rather poignant scenes where the actors were exposing their vulnerabilities and weaknesses. One scene in particular where Andy was explaining the procedures at the AA meeting and Bale said something to the effect that Andy sounded like he knew what he was talking about. That little moment and Andy's response to Bale showed Bale that Andy too had his weaknesses ,but has overcome them. From what I gathered, they are now showing mutual respect for each other and I have a feeling from here on out, the 15th Precinct is going to be running like clockwork.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

I'd like to be a fly on the wall if anyone suggested that to the cast. They'd walk first.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

The only cast left is Dennis Franz and Gordan Clapp. Everyone else is new. Granted I don't know Dennis Franz. But, from what I hear about him. He is a professional and knows its a business. And if they brought Caruso back. I can't see him making a big stink. Besides, I have heard Caruso say that he made a mistake leaving the show. It is not like he is still talking smack.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Strong episode last night, the way the episode ended last night could have been used as the end to the series and that would have been ok with me.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Man, Andy can't become a boss. It just isn't in him. He only took the Sgt's exam because of how Bale was acting. Now, he and Bale have some sort of understanding, he can remain in the squad.

I think he'll turn down the promotion. At least, I hope so.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

He didn't get a promotion yet, he just passed the exam. Any Sergeant openings are filled from the passed list.

One possible show conclusion would be Andy getting the promotion then.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
No, I realize he didn't get the promotion yet. I only meant that if he makes the cut off, I hope he turns it down. Possibly, he's far enough down the list that he won't get picked this time.

I don't think he would like being a boss. He's a hands on kinda guy. He won't like going back in the bag, or sitting behind a desk. Plus, I don't think he'd make a good leader. He's to stubborn and bullheaded.

He needs to stay where he is.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

He is stubborn & bullheaded. But, I think he would make a great boss. He is always protecting the other detectives and when he is at a crime scene he usually assigns tasks.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
I'm going to go back to my earlier comments.
I believe this year has underscored Andy's "fatherly" role in the squad. This year, more than ever, he has served as mentor and guide to many in the squad. Baldwin, Ortiz, and of course Clark have all benefited from his intervention or guiding hand. I really think they're setting up Sipowicz to be the next boss.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I agree 100% with Jim. I see his prediction as the only real way for Andy to go out. He entered the series almost losing his job and as the worst cop possible. The only way to end it is to complete his comeback by becoming the leader of the squad.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

It's more likely that he took the exam because he has a growing family to support. He needs every bump in pay that he can get.

M.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The other options are they could Kill Andy Off, of course that would piss off all the fans given what they've done to the poor guy already. Also I assumed becasue of Bale that Andy might just put in his papers and retire and let Connie go back to work.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
On the 15th of Dec on page two of this thread I posted this spoiler:
I think Andy will get his promotion and Gale will depart with Andy at the helm. Greg will Marry and the rest of the young characters will carry on with their jobs.

I still stand by my prediction...time will tell.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Does anyone know how much weight Dennis Franz has lost? He seems to have gotten considerably thinner in the last few years. Remember when suspects would refer to him as "the FAT cop"? Now they call him "the OLD cop".

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
It seems he get's his promotion next week. The new TV guide talks about Andy and his first case as sgt. Can he be a sgt and still a detective?

Mark

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Yeah a Sgt can still be a detective, remember the old old old Law and Order episodes,"I'm detective Logan this is SGT Greave! :)

I don't think Sipowicz is hurting for cash, right now he has a double income and his last wife was a DA shot on the job...can you say insurance money!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks