1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

International NYMPHOMANIAC (PRE-ORDER)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ernest, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Ernest

Ernest Well-Known Member

Product Description
    Nymphomaniac is the wild and poetic story of a woman's journey from birth to the age of 50 as told by the main character, the self-diagnosed nymphomaniac, Joe (Charlotte Gainsbourg). On a cold winter's evening the old, charming bachelor, Seligman (Stellan Skarsgard), finds Joe beaten up in an alley. He brings her home to his flat where he cares for her wounds while asking her about her life. He listens intently as Joe over the next 8 chapters recounts the lusty, branched-out and multifaceted story of her life, rich in associations and interjecting incidents.

The new film from Lars von Trier (Melancholia, Antichrist), Nymphomaniac contains all the shock and controversy you would expect from the unrivalled enfant terrible of contemporary cinema. But don't let that put you off, because underneath the surface is a richly complex, fearlessly intelligent and frequently hilarious work that will provoke thoughts you never knew you had.

[*]
    [*]Actors: Charlotte Gainsbourg, Stellan SkarsgÄrd, Stacy Martin, Shia LaBeouf, Christian Slater
    [*]Directors: Lars von Trier
    [*]Region: Region B/2 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
    [*]Number of discs: 2
    [*]Classification: 18
    [*]Studio: Artificial Eye
    [*]DVD Release Date: 28 April 2014
    [*]Run Time: 242 minutes
    [*]Ave
    [/list]Available for pre-order from AMAZON.UK. Release date 4/28
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Jari K

Jari K Well-Known Member

So this includes part 1 & 2?

3. AshJW

AshJW Well-Known Member

Thomas
    Probably not with the "hardcore" stuff, I guess?
    Who knows, maybe it's better that way - or maybe not. ;)

4. Jari K

Jari K Well-Known Member

There's already "hardcore" material in the film, I believe (actors using body doubles, though).I guess they're planning to release a 5+ hour cut of the film at some point. Probably the version that Trier prefers.

5. AshJW

AshJW Well-Known Member

Thomas
    The version that is going to be released in Germany comes without the hardcore stuff - as far as I know.

6. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    I haven't any versions yet. But Germany less explicit than UK? Doesn't happen often.I'm waiting on French and Italian.

7. Jari K

Jari K Well-Known Member

Well at least be warned when watching this film. Hardcore scenes are probably included.My friend saw the film at the press showing and it included hardcore scenes. But like I said, actors are using body doubles in certain scenes.At the end of the day this is nothing new to Trier. "The Idiots" already included at least one hardcore scene. Trier is all about controversy, people hate and love his films at the same time.

8. AshJW

AshJW Well-Known Member

Thomas
    I was referring to the theatrical release. At least in the review was told, that it comes without the hardcore scenes.

9. Jari K

Jari K Well-Known Member

Yes, we're talking about the theatrical release (well, I believe it's released as "Pt.1" and "Pt.2" at least in Europe = roughly 4 hours). The longer 5+ cut should come later on.I remember reading that Trier abandoned the idea of a "soft core version" but who knows.