What's new

International NYMPHOMANIAC (PRE-ORDER) (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Product Description
Nymphomaniac is the wild and poetic story of a woman's journey from birth to the age of 50 as told by the main character, the self-diagnosed nymphomaniac, Joe (Charlotte Gainsbourg). On a cold winter's evening the old, charming bachelor, Seligman (Stellan Skarsgard), finds Joe beaten up in an alley. He brings her home to his flat where he cares for her wounds while asking her about her life. He listens intently as Joe over the next 8 chapters recounts the lusty, branched-out and multifaceted story of her life, rich in associations and interjecting incidents.

The new film from Lars von Trier (Melancholia, Antichrist), Nymphomaniac contains all the shock and controversy you would expect from the unrivalled enfant terrible of contemporary cinema. But don't let that put you off, because underneath the surface is a richly complex, fearlessly intelligent and frequently hilarious work that will provoke thoughts you never knew you had.

[*]
[*]Actors: Charlotte Gainsbourg, Stellan Skarsgård, Stacy Martin, Shia LaBeouf, Christian Slater
[*]Directors: Lars von Trier
[*]Region: Region B/2 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
[*]Number of discs: 2
[*]Classification: 18
[*]Studio: Artificial Eye
[*]DVD Release Date: 28 April 2014
[*]Run Time: 242 minutes
[*]Ave
[/list]Available for pre-order from AMAZON.UK. Release date 4/28
post-268687-0-67200900-1393099960.jpg

Attachments

• Nympho.jpg
    Nympho.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 25

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
There's already "hardcore" material in the film, I believe (actors using body doubles, though).I guess they're planning to release a 5+ hour cut of the film at some point. Probably the version that Trier prefers.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
AshJW said:
The version that is going to be released in Germany comes without the hardcore stuff - as far as I know.
I haven't any versions yet. But Germany less explicit than UK? Doesn't happen often.I'm waiting on French and Italian.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Well at least be warned when watching this film. Hardcore scenes are probably included.My friend saw the film at the press showing and it included hardcore scenes. But like I said, actors are using body doubles in certain scenes.At the end of the day this is nothing new to Trier. "The Idiots" already included at least one hardcore scene. Trier is all about controversy, people hate and love his films at the same time.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
schan1269 said:
I haven't any versions yet. But Germany less explicit than UK? Doesn't happen often. I'm waiting on French and Italian.
I was referring to the theatrical release. At least in the review was told, that it comes without the hardcore scenes.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Yes, we're talking about the theatrical release (well, I believe it's released as "Pt.1" and "Pt.2" at least in Europe = roughly 4 hours). The longer 5+ cut should come later on.I remember reading that Trier abandoned the idea of a "soft core version" but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.