What's new

Nurse Jackie Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I don't know how many people are interested. The season 1 thread didn't prompt much comment, and the Blu-ray review didn't get many views.

I, of course, will be watching.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Too bad. Season 1 was great stuff. and I know I participated in that thread, so there.. kind of like Gossip Girl, I'll keep the threads alive if for no other reason so someone can stumble onto it later ;)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Showtime has already renewed for Season 3!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/25/nurse-jackie-renewed-united-states-of-tara-renewed-too/46098

First episode this season was pretty good. Lots of consequences over last year, I'm wondering how this all plays out with the Doctor in the end. The next episode is called "Twittering" I just like the title alone!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Best line of the episode was from Akalitus, and it was one word:
"Monsignor."
But it requires the setup and Smith's delivery.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, that was a good moment. I really like her character. The way she plays that character is so deadpan hilarious.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Akalitus is hillarious at times. I like the show but after the last episode, I now can't stand Eddie.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Akalitus had some of the best moments last night.. but the inappropriate touches tick finally really paid off. Loved everything about that whole sequence. Some classic stuff.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Watching tonights episode I had to wonder how long it would take for us to get to this point. It will be very interesting to see where they go. Definitely an emmy nod contained within. Great performances.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Great season finale, with lots of possibilities for the third season. But my favorite line of the episode was Eddie's (the one about Coop "firing on all cylinders" ).

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Good show, looking forward to next season. Really like the supporting characters like Zoe and O'Hara.

I didn't realize her drug use was so advanced. Eddie was slipping her a few pills here and there and O'Hara obviously wrote her a few scrips. But some pretty obvious doctor shopping, using multiple pharmacies not to get caught etc. Much more major drug use than they've hinted at.

I know the government has cracked down on this sort of thing, but if people want it bad enough, they'll find a way.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I don't know, they had all this season showed her increasing need to snort the drugs, hide them in stashes, pinch off of a drug dealer.. meanwhile last season she had been banging Eddie to get the drugs.

They pretty well covered the lengths to which she was going for drugs.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Very good season, I still cringe when Eddie gets on screen.

I figured Jackie would of given the drugs back to the dealer after she took some for herself, but wtf is she gonna do with 12k worth of drugs? She would/will get out of control really really fast.

I always thought she knew she was an addict but just never wanted to quit, and just played it off when the intern called her out, but she really doesn't think she has a problem.

O'Hara didn't look good with those pleated pants:( and when the intern walks past Coop in Akalitus was hillarious.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Somehow must have missed the drug dealer episode, didn't understand the guy with the flowers, but now it's starting to make sense.

But that credit card bill had a lot of different pharmacies. Did she steal one of O'Haras prescription pads.

Have to agree with O'Haras pants. Normally don't notice things like that, but they were bad, especially with her being so tall and those big bony ankles sticking out.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Stan

Somehow must have missed the drug dealer episode, didn't understand the guy with the flowers, but now it's starting to make sense.

The drug dealer was the guy having a seizure a few episodes back. She found multiple ziploc bags of drugs in his pockets, so he took them. She had the ambulance drivers send him to a further away hospital to remain anonymous, but his girlfriend saw her hospital badge. He came by with flowers to appear to be thankful, but he wasn't in the least. He had been trying to track her down since the previous episode.

I wonder if the creators are going to hit the reset button in season 3 like they did this year. If you recall, the finale of season one showed Jackie collecting as much morphine as she could and OD'ing on it in a suicide attempt. The start of the season had zero mention of that incident or any consequences thereof.

Zoey has become the most likable character in the series. By far. And I never realized until I read it in IMDB just now, but they replaced the actress who plays the younger daughter this season. The older one who plays Grace was in Shutter Island.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo
And I never realized until I read it in IMDB just now, but they replaced the actress who plays the younger daughter this season.

No one spotted it. They kept waiting for fans to say something, and there wasn't a peep.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks