What's new

Numb3rs season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Wasn't the season 2 premiere last night? I don't have a DVR so I set my VCR (!) but I programmed it for 9/24 (it must have been after midnight on 9/23 when I set it so I forwarded it by one day)! ARRRGH! So how was it? Do they have a new cast member to replace Lloyd? Was it low-key as usual? Will they repeat it soon?

Texas Instruments, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, and CBS are teaming up to make math more relevant for students and their parents:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/numb3rs/ti/

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
I found myself constantly wondering what was wrong--what was wrong with the writing, acting, etc... I was disinterested during the entire show.

It's like they put 12 monkeys in a room with typewriters...

From season 1 that was pretty consistantly interesting, to the premier that was entirely forgettable.

Yes, they've got two new players... Diane Farr, whom I really liked in "The Job", but I'm not sure if she'll fit in with this show. And another guy... don't know who he is.

Man, they better get back up to speed, or this'll drop off my watch list.

YMMV

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sarah Carter looked different in this episode, like her face was a little puffier or something.

Whoever lights the show (the DP), they light up Diane Farr pretty well.

Glad to see Navi Rawat make it into the opening credits, too.

The actual case was pretty ho-hum, plus David's "get tough" stance was sort of over-sold, like he was over-compensating for something.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I'm a fan but admit the weekly numbers tie-in is really stretching credulity. I like FBI procedurals and dramas involving academia but they are different worlds and seldom interact.

If Charlie is so effective why aren't other FBI field offices (or DC) asking for a piece of the pie. [or should that be pi :) ]

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
A very disappointing season opener for me. It seemed to be stretching things to make a "numbers" connection to the crime as others have stated. Here's hoping that this was just a bad episode and not the start of a trend.

:thumbsdown:

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator

OMG, I forgot about that, with Dr. Drew if I recall?

That goes back a few years... :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
There's actually a decent little article about her in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode had more human moments, which balanced out the "mathematical" aspects in solving the problem of discovering the real crime that was perpetrated in a Enron-like situation that resulted in a lead witness being murdered, and leaving her son orphaned, and Don takes in the boy in the interim and Don's father has some good moments with the boy, and reveals a bit more about the character of Don and Charlie, and how they dealt with their mother's death.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have been pretty disappointed with this season. They seem to really have a hard time stretching the "math" now.

The worst moment was the episode with the "kidnapping" where in the middle of the investigation Don comes home to have a beer and talk to Charlie and dear ol' dad. What was up with that? Does he have banker's hours?

I haven't seen last night's ep yet. Still giving this show a chance before taking out the season pass.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Still watching this show. It's still entertaining in a low-key sort of way. I'm still getting used to Diane Farr's Megan (maybe it's her drawl) but the character dynamic is good.

I wonder why Dylan Bruno (Agent Colby Granger) isn't in the opening credits when Navi Rawat hardly has screen-time (or none in tonight's episode) when Bruno is in LOTS of scenes in every episode?

Tonight's (11/25) episode ("Toxin") was interesting. Lou Diamond Phillips had hardly anything to do and it was nice seeing Commander 'Trip' Tucker (Connor Trinneer of Enterprise) doing something else.

And we FINALLY got to see Mrs. Epps in a nice, brief, touching, and heartwarming scene with a short monologue by Dad Epps at the end of the episode.

It's unusual that there was no promo for next week's episode "Bones of Contention" unless it has been delayed.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
And this is because there is no new episode tonight. Instead, a Knots Landing Reunion special will air. epguides.com originally had listed a new episode showing tonight.

Does anyone know if this show has been picked up for a full season? TV.com shows 13 so far.

Evan M

Second Unit
No idea, but I was glad they aren't showing it tonight, so i can record the holiday Monk Episode. :D

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Add Numb3rs as the next show to dump their theme song (two themes, in fact) for no theme song and putting the credits after the intro during the show.

I don't know if I liked the Talking Heads theme from Season 1 but I liked the first couple of (heavy) notes of Season 2 (didn't like the sound of the rest of the theme).

It's good to see Amita getting more involved in the case tonight, even though she no longer gets her "mug" in the opening theme and she provides a connection to the victim. It's also nice to see her embrace her culture and see her emotional side.
-

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Man, that ending last night had me flashing back to my childhood and hearing Fonzie regale us with how eating your vegetables and getting a library card was cool!!!

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Okaaaaay, they're back to the 2nd season theme song. Wonder what was up with last week's "no theme" show?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Sometimes shows cut the credit sequence if they're running a bit long. Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy do it fairly often. Nothing else to read into it.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Since the season finale has just aired, I thought I'd revive this long dormant thread? I'm actually still watching my DVR recording, so I'll only make three comments:

1) The teaser felt like something deliberately created so that it could eventually be used in a promo to goose the ratings for the season finale. :)

2) Was the Dyson vacuum example the cheesiest bit of product placement in a TV show this season?

3) They did a nice job adapting the real facts of the Andrew Luster case to the episode. The recreation of that psycho's video tapes was especially chilling.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks