What's new

np30 SQ is much less than CDDA burned from same source? how can i fix this? (1 Viewer)

stevenn21

Agent
Real Name
steven
np30 SQ is much less than CDDA burned from same source? how can i fix this?

i have ca 752bd ca 551r and ca np30 with bx2's as front stereo

the sound from the np30 sounds flat compared to the cdda disc i burned from the same source

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You might want to decrypt that post and provide more details on what you are doing and what you feel is not sounding right.

stevenn21

Agent
Real Name
steven
schan1269 said:
He forgets that not everybody knows ca stands for Cambridge Audio.

What file rate did you use?
the track in question that i tested had a bit rate of 192 and its an mp3 its a low quality freestyle by eminem
i havent burned any other media apart from this so havent compared higher bit rates or lossless formats

stevenn21

Agent
Real Name
steven
JohnRice said:
You might want to decrypt that post and provide more details on what you are doing and what you feel is not sounding right.
the cdda sounds like it came straight from the studio whereas the np30 streamed file sounds flat and a bit quiet in comparison.
im using a wired connection for the np30 but its such a low bitrate im sure thats not an issue

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Wait...

This "low quality"(to begin with) CD was ripped at 192.

I'm sure it sounds like total shit. Cause it is.

Try again at 320.

stevenn21

Agent
Real Name
steven
schan1269 said:
Wait...

This "low quality"(to begin with) CD was ripped at 192.

I'm sure it sounds like total shit. Cause it is.

Try again at 320.
how do i increase the bitrate?
i was under the impression once its lowered you cant get the quality back.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm still unclear. Did you create the mp3 from a CD? From your original post, it sounds like to you took a downloaded mp3 and created a CDDA from it and the CD sounds great vs the source mp3 sounding bad. If that is the case, then the mp3 is not the problem, but the way the two formats are being played back is.

If Schan has it understood correctly then, yes, a 192kb file will not sound good on a decent system. The better the system, the more it will expose the poor quality of the file. 320kb can sound pretty good under ideal circumstances, but that's about the limit.

stevenn21

Agent
Real Name
steven
JohnRice said:
I'm still unclear. Did you create the mp3 from a CD? From your original post, it sounds like to you took a downloaded mp3 and created a CDDA from it and the CD sounds great vs the source mp3 sounding bad. If that is the case, then the mp3 is not the problem, but the way the two formats are being played back is.

If Schan has it understood correctly then, yes, a 192kb file will not sound good on a decent system. The better the system, the more it will expose the poor quality of the file. 320kb can sound pretty good under ideal circumstances, but that's about the limit.
yes thats it it was a download of a rare eminem freestyle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks