1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nowhere Man coming to DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Todd Stout, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Jeff#

Jeff# Well-Known Member

It wasn't opposite Voyager, Gary -- it aired after Voyager for several months and eventually the two series switched time slots so it became the lead-in. It's been 9 years since Nowhere Man ended.

2. Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen Well-Known Member

Doug Wallen
    I really enjoyed this show and it would be nice to have. I would really appreciate the creator/producer talking about the end of the show. Was it all in his mind or was it real?

The ending was a great cliffhanger with no resolution. Very mad that no ending was filmed.

3. MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison Well-Known Member

I'll pick it up for the right price. Something around $40-$50 would tempt me.

4. GarySchrock

GarySchrock Well-Known Member

I screwed up when I wrote, and said opposite, when I meant airing during the same seasons. For some reason I thought this show was even older than that.

5. Jeff#

Jeff# Well-Known Member

I remember Star Trek: Voyager started its first season as a mid-season show in January 1995. That was the same month and year The Wayans Brothers sitcom started, so both series were instrumental in launching the UPN network.

Nowhere Man premiered in the fall of that year, and was always at the bottom of the broadcast network ratings.

6. Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin Well-Known Member

I remember specifically watching the last episode of the series in May '96 at a friend's house in Tennessee. Promos were run, touting, "Renewed for a second season!" Too bad it never happened. An extremely well done fan made DVVD set had been (is?) available that I picked up a couple years back. Extras/commentary/the whole nine yards. If this set can up the video a notch, I'll certainly be picking it up.

mike.

7. MarkHarrison

I've heard of that set. The link I had doesn't work anymore. As I recall, they had an inside source that got them some master tapes or something, so the quality was supposed to be extremely good. It was just the price that kept me away. Oh, and not really wanting bootlegs of course. [​IMG]

8. John*D

John*D Well-Known Member

According to TVshowsondvd.com:

Release date: December 27th
    $69.99 SRP

Extras:

Commentaries and some featurettes...

For more info: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3934

It'll be great to watch this show again, I know I missed a bunch of episodes.

9. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Well-Known Member

It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine[​IMG]

10. Harry-N

Harry-N Well-Known Member

Harry N.
    The photo mentioned earlier is a key part of the plot. Tom Veil, in his former life, was a professional photographer, and his most famous photo was called "Hidden Agenda"
    [​IMG]

Part of the series's premise is that Veil manages to get the negative of that photo, and his enemies want it.

If this actually shows up, I'm there on day one. I loved this show and have all of the episodes on VHS, in some form or another. It'll be great to see this cleaned up on DVD.

11. John*D

John*D Well-Known Member

There was an episode that showed the REAL unmanipulated photo, showing who was really being hung...

[​IMG]

12. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Member

I quite liked this show and although it could have gone on, I still think the story concluded nicely. As far as I remember, all the answers were given, weren't they?

13. Jeff#

Jeff# Well-Known Member

The film quality of this modern series was excellent when UPN first aired it for the entire 1995-96 season. There's no reason to clean it up. [​IMG]

Too bad they never made a 26th episode to resolve the cliffhanger. Did Veil escape from the mental institution?

14. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Well-Known Member

I am going to be picking this up the day it comes out. I started watching Nowhere Man about halfway through the season and watched it until almost the very end. For some reason I missed the last episode which I do still have on tape from the original broadcast. It'll be fun to watch the show from the beginning and revisit the episodes I did see over 9 years ago.

15. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Well-Known Member

16. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Well-Known Member

Don't forget Legend (with John DeLancie and Richard Dean Anderson), which is also in bad need of DVD release.

17. John*D

John*D Well-Known Member

18. John*D

John*D Well-Known Member

19. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Well-Known Member

That is good to know - the artwork on the right is truly awful.

20. MarkHarrison

Normally I laugh at those who squawk over cover art, but there's just something about that one on the right that is truly bad. It looks like something I might find on the $1 rack at Target.