What's new

Now One of My Dreams Has Come True: The Mothers-in-Law on DVD! (1 Viewer)

Jo_C

Second Unit
Thanks, man. Now we know the legal fate of this great series. The Wikipedia article will be updated accordingly.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
I pre-ordered this one and it is about the closest to a blind buy I've ever done for a TV DVD set.
I've seen maybe 2-3 episodes at the most of this one. But with this cast, plus Desi making guest appearances and that superb price--could not pass this up!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I just took a quick look at the beginning of episode 1.
The NBC peacock color logo opens the show then a real treat, the brought to you by is intact complete with the actual product.

Only problem is the play all feature is not include.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I just finished the first disc . I have enjoyed it more than i thought i would . I knew i'd like it . But i have liked it much more than i expected . Eve Arden is great . But my memories of Kay Ballard weren't that great . But they sure have changed . She is a riot . Deborah Walley is adorable . And the guest appearance of Desi Arnez is very funny . And little Desi keeps popping up in the background . Once driving a cart and another time as a drummer .

MPI has done a nice job with this show . 56 episodes on 7 discs and a bonus disc with all kinds of goodies and two Desi pilots that didn't sell . One called Lands End. Very pleased so far .

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I'm really enjoying this one a LOT and am limiting myself to one show per week, on Sunday evenings. Last night I watched "Career Gals" which was one of the best ones yet. I'm sad the Roger C. Carmel didn't agree to come back for a second season. He's created a unique character as Roger, whereas Richard Deacon made him into Fred Mertz.

At the time, I too didn't appreciate Kaye Ballard's talents because, for me, it was all about Eve Arden, whom I knew from old movies and "Our Miss Brooks." But now, I see that she is enormously talented and plays off Eve very well.

The material is hit and miss, but the stars' talents shine in every episode. Their impersonations of "Doris Day" in "Career Gals" are hilarious.

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
Finally got my copy online...they didn't have it stocked anywhere I looked in the Albuquerque area...It was great to see this show again. It WAS very Lucy-ish...why not??? Desi produced it.

That Carol Channing Pilot was interesting..as was a special performance by Eve Arden and Cyd Charisse from 1959, hosted by none other than the late James Mitchell (Palmer Cortlandt of All My Children). I'm very satisfied with the whole package, but wonder why Jerry Fogel was not included in the extras???...he and Kaye Ballard are the only surviving cast members.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks