What's new

Novice Anime Discussion Part I (1 Viewer)

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Wow, this thread comes back from the grave!!!!

Hi Matt and welcome to anime. I think we have collectively let go of this thread and allowed everything to enter the other anime thread.

However, if you want to know....

I recommend Serial Experiment Lain for a good mindf**k or better yet Boogiepop Phantom for an all out mindf**k. May want to take a look into Texhnolyze and Paranoia Agent as well.

Matt_M

Stunt Coordinator
Ok will do :D Already ordered Paranoia agent now I just have to wait for the box set release date.
Texhnolyze looks nice thanks Kong. BTW any idea how many volumes there will be? Probably a box set in the future I imagine as well.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Texhnolyze should already have a boxset, no? Paranoia Agent will be having one soon. Everything else is already available in boxset form.

Matt_M

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah Paranoia Agent has one coming out next month. I love Satoshi Kohn's other stuff so can't wait for this one. It seems Texhnolyze has 6 volumes out but not as a box set. Soon then perhaps.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Funny, since Texhnolyze was released before Paranoia Agent. >.>

Satoshi Kon's stuff is always cool to watch.

I believe he has something new in the works. Can't wait for it.

James D

Second Unit
A Texhnolyze box should be announced soon. Geneon has just announced a box set for Gungrave and ROD the TV for July, so they seem to be releasing all of their completed series in box sets.:)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Has anyone watched Blame? I picked up and watched the first disk, it sounded interesting and the price was decent. I felt lost throughout....

THoughts?

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Blame! is a cyber-punk manga turned anime. It is confusing in the fact that it is mostly action and very little dialogue (even the manga can attest to that, you get like 1 dialogue every 10-20 pages).

Not sure how the anime fared....the manga is really nicely drawn though and the story is really simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks